Instantaneous fuel consumption

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Paulinyork

Post by Paulinyork »

Now I'm pretty sure I'm just being thick but I cannot figure out out to see my instantaneous mpg on the trip computer. The manual suggests I should be able to but I can't figure it out. When I click on my trip computer and scroll through the various options, I get the TA the TM and tourist Speedo etc but can't see an instant fuel? Any ideas, or even a step by step instruction?

This is what the manual says...

Screenshot_20191209_133254_com.volvocars.manual.jpg

T4 FWD R Design in Thunder Grey. Winter Pack, Reversing Camera.
Christ, Options are expensive!!

ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

You need to go to the same menu (steering wheel right-side button that you use to call, navigate etc)

The options are grouped, if i remember well TA was in the same group with real time fuel consumption. Might be wrong though, maybe it's lower. Can't check ATM, but it's there, i've set it up a while ago the same way.

The reason why you might not have noticed it is because it won't say MGP but GPH i think. As your vehicle will (hopefully!) be stationary while you do that, it switches to gallons per hour. Hope it helps!
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Press the menu button on the steering wheel, and scroll to the bottom. There you’ll see average overall, average trip, and instantaneous. It’s not obvious that you can scroll beyond what you initially see, just keep holding the down button.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
Paulinyork

Post by Paulinyork »

Thanks you two.. I should have been more patient, and also done it when sat on my drive and not whilst driving.

Not sure how much I will use it though. I can't get my head around anything other than mpg.
T4 FWD R Design in Thunder Grey. Winter Pack, Reversing Camera.
Christ, Options are expensive!!
Klanky

Post by Klanky »

I don't find an instantaneous readout very helpful as if you're coasting in gear then the ECU shuts off fuel to the engine and thus you get 999.9mpg showing. The bar graph readout in the central panel can be set to show MPG for 1 mile increments and the line shows the average which I find more helpful.