Autohold problem

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Db55

Post by Db55 »

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem
After starting the car and moving a few metres a pop up appears on dash stating brake service required, autohold not operating. This is now the second time this has happened, first time was investigated by dealer who said they couldn’t find anything wrong . Well this morning the same thing occurred ,I can add that on both occasions the outside temperature was below freezing point Possible coincidence, has anyone had similar experience.
The autohold is not working but rest of braking system is working fine.
T5 FE, osmium grey

Perky

Post by Perky »

Not happened to me yet but I have noticed that it does not always function but no warning lights come on.
T4 AWD Oct 2019
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Mine seems to work fine apart from some times I find it has switched itself off and I have to push the button again. Not aware that I have done anything to switch it off. Apart from pushing the button is there something else that switches it off?
Db55

Post by Db55 »

Thanks for the replies guys, it’s been very cold over the period of the last few days and it didn’t happen. So I’m in the lap of the gods I’m afraid, thankfully up till now hasn’t stopped me from using the car. Happy Christmas everyone!.
T5 FE, osmium grey
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

You might have to video it. I had to do this on a previous Mini. The fuel light would come on and the needle showed empty even though over half full. Faulty sensor.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.