Wireless Carplay Solved

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

From what I've read the CarPlay users who have it (or similar) rate it. Hopefully some will chime in.

Remember for the longer trips, these gizmos work best with a charging pad.

AA/CP connected by cable directly to the SI white framed socket also benefit from charging.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21

joeldram

Post by joeldram »

I had CarPlay retro fitted a couple of months ago. It is wired, not wireless and unless you have the charging pad (and a phone with wireless charging) CarPlay EATS your battery, so you’ll need it plugged in anyway. Ergo, v little point in going wireless. I’ve had rented cars with wireless CarPlay and driven for a few hours only to arrive at my meeting or whatever with little to no battery.

However on a recent 8 hour drive back from Scotland I had full charge at the end of the journey, and my phone hadn’t overheated unlike when using waze from my phone alone.
2021 (70 plate) R-design in Oynx Black T3 Auto.
Legohotdogman

Post by Legohotdogman »

Thanks for the detailed feedback. That’s very helpful. Cheers
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Good point. Yes, to maximise their convenience both "wireless" (ie, wireless between phone and gadget) AA and CP need wireless charging arrangements too.
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21