VOC app

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

I think the VOC app won't talk to the car while the car is in use so you'd have to wait until the thief parks up before you could track it with VOC.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue

WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Oops. I should have noted that the VOC app will only locate the car when it is parked, whereas the Vodafone tracker follows its path. Is this benefit really worth the cost, though?
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

The last time I tried to specify a tracker on a new car, the salesman told me it wasn't worth it as car thieves know where trackers are hidden on all the cars they take and remove them very soon after the theft. I was amazed that he didn't just take my money and congratulate me on a wise choice!
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

The Volvo Cars app does show the route the car has taken between points presumably because the car records this info and sends it to the app when the ignition is turned off. Should we be worried that the car always knows where we've been and what speed we have been doing?
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Alex_O

Post by Alex_O »

Greggspies wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:47 pm The Volvo Cars app does show the route the car has taken between points presumably because the car records this info and sends it to the app when the ignition is turned off. Should we be worried that the car always knows where we've been and what speed we have been doing?
Does it? My driving journal shows the start and end points but no information about how I get between them.
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Pressing the right arrow next to the journey shows the trip route and speeds travelled along the route.
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

Greggspies wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:02 pm Pressing the right arrow next to the journey shows the trip route and speeds travelled along the route.
Can you post a screenshot? I've had the car (& used VOC) for nearly 2 years now, it only shows the start and stop points!
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Screenshot_20210810-215654.png

Felindre

Post by Felindre »

I assume this is iphone?, mine on android shows the route, but not the speed graph. However it must send this information to the server as the car won't know which client you have.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

No, it's an Android phone. Clearly Volvo hold the data somewhere...