What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 4296

Post by Deleted User 4296 »

155 maybe not, but Volvo do say that their cars are designed to have a survivable impact crash at 112 and why it was set at that speed!!

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Try it and let us know!
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Deleted User 4296

Post by Deleted User 4296 »

Seems to suggest a malign post - nice - hope the BMW arrives real soon!!
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

JFDIT wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:55 pm I'm gonna miss the Bin, the Parking Ticket Clip and the flexible partition floor in the boot. Not to mention the heated windscreen.
I had a look back at the pricelist/spec. for my car. There was so much choice then! Which was one of the main reasons I moved over to an XC40 as I could pretty much have what I wanted. Along with the couple of packs etc. the spec. was great and for what I considered a reasonable price. The dropping of the R-Design with its added touches has taken away quite a bit of the appeal for me.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Yes, absolutely brilliant car. The R-Design has lower? firmer suspension? and Paddle Shifters?
One of those rare occasions where they got it right first time.
Lincolnshire England.
Snow man

Post by Snow man »

No paddle shift on my R D MY21
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

When did they go? Was it when the 48 volt Mild Hybrid came in and the exhaust pipes got tucked out of sight?
Lincolnshire England.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Yes, got them on mine. I know some folks don't use them but I do quite a lot and would really miss them. Even my son's new Mazda 2 has them.

With the new DCT auto boxes do they still have that daft side to side "manual" gear changing?

I had a Passat with DSG, no flappy paddles but I found using the "stick" natural as mainly only ever driven manual cars and the DSG was fore and aft to change gear. I suppose if I did use the side to side in my XC40 more, I did try it once, I'd get used to it but then I don't need to!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Snow man

Post by Snow man »

I am a truck driver and drive 5/6 different vehicles a day ,auto B 4 to work ( or Tiger 800 motorcycle ) 6 speed manual HGV,8speed range change HGV,JCB telehandler,electric and diesel forklifts plus couple of small vans and pickup so I don't mind the side to side manual gear change it's just another vehicle only use it for engine breaking ,could do with engine break like my truck,and yes I do have to think what I am in sometimes 😘
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Yes, but have you ridden a Lambretta with a hand gear change! Only joking, I imagine you can drive/ride pretty much anything.

I've got motorbikes as well, left and right gear changes and a manual car so think I could get used to the sideways gear change if I applied myself! In the TT I do look for the Start button now and then!