Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Dove

Post by Dove »

Hello ! Interested to know when people started to get more exact idea's of their delivery date. Ordered end of March (T3), originally told Mid July, then pushed back to early August, today told "end of August".

Don't know if dealer is not wanting to be completely straight, or if they don't have any more info at this stage.

Thanks in advance.

mvrooij

Post by mvrooij »

Dove wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:11 pm Hello ! Interested to know when people started to get more exact idea's of their delivery date. Ordered end of March (T3), originally told Mid July, then pushed back to early August, today told "end of August".

Don't know if dealer is not wanting to be completely straight, or if they don't have any more info at this stage.

Thanks in advance.
Ordered at December 1st 2017.

First delivery period: April/May
First exact date: May 28th.
Second date: June 18th.
Latest update: July 10th.
Harv7722

Post by Harv7722 »

ste12 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:47 am Just had latest from dealer + screen shot. Dates still holding with planned factory complete date of 2 July and delivery to dealer 11 July. Read MichelRs post with interest. Feels like there will be a "mass" (in the scheme of XC40 delivery's to date) of cars going out before the factory holiday shutdown. Maybe I'm being over optimistic though!
Hi ste12

Emailed my dealer earlier told me the exact dates as your build 1st July start build completed 2nd July delivery 11th July fingers corssed. Ordered XC40 osmium grey R-design pro T4

staying optimistic !
GemBar

Post by GemBar »

Dove wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:11 pm Hello ! Interested to know when people started to get more exact idea's of their delivery date. Ordered end of March (T3), originally told Mid July, then pushed back to early August, today told "end of August".

Thanks in advance.
I to ordered a T3 in March and was told June then October and now fingers crossed back to September, so hopefully your dates are good to go
XC40 T3 R Design | Winter Pack | Heated Rear Seats & Steering Wheel | Front Parking Sensors | Power Tailgate | Osmium Grey | Ordered Mid March for Delivery June / October / September | Now driving as from 14-09-18
KentishWelsh

Post by KentishWelsh »

Mine’s just been brought forward to next week but, as the dealer says, we’ll believe it when we see it roll off the transporter.
D4 Inscription
Dove

Post by Dove »

Thanks for the comments every one ! Fingers crossed it does not get pushed back past the end of August.

Looking forward to getting it, but the lack of info / commitment from the dealer is frustrating - had to chase 3 times snd response lacked any detail. Not good service for a £30K + transaction.
McToddy

Post by McToddy »

ste12 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:47 am Just had latest from dealer + screen shot. Dates still holding with planned factory complete date of 2 July and delivery to dealer 11 July. Read MichelRs post with interest. Feels like there will be a "mass" (in the scheme of XC40 delivery's to date) of cars going out before the factory holiday shutdown. Maybe I'm being over optimistic though!

Me too, soooo hoping that the July dates is the true date, there seems to be quite a few now due mid July. Just hope Volvo managed to get the enough students in the clean the cars, but TBH I’d rather have a dirty car than another delay! 😎
FE T5 Bursting Blue, Arrived 19th July ordered 15th Jan :D
Luigiwhattt

Post by Luigiwhattt »

Add me to the July delivery date. Dealer confirmed build date of 6 July. I can collect from 23 July but I’ll probably stick to the plan to collect 1 September. This will take considerable will power.

I’ve set my kids the task of naming the car. Suggestions so far include; Anne Boleyn (? I have no idea why), Sven and Olaf.
D3 Auto Inscription - Denim Blue with Blonde Leather - Winter Pack - Xenium Pack - IntelliSafe Pack - Spare Wheel.
Ordered 03/03/18 (Exeter)
Collection 21/07/18
Kjd43

Post by Kjd43 »

Ordered end of March. Initial date end of July. Now October. Had experience of ordering new bespoke car/new model with Audi and the information and process was transparent and slick. Sometimes feels with XC40 that I have’t ordered a car and put down a deposit - there is so little contact, process and updating.
Last edited by Kjd43 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mezzo

Post by Mezzo »

eta just changed from July to October but then as an afterthought written.....however this could be subject to change
Jeez sloppy or what