Poll: Which engine/transmission are you looking at, or have purchased?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

Which engine/transmission are you looking at, or have purchased?

D3 FWD MANUAL
2%
D3 FWD AUTOMATIC
5%
D3 AWD MANUAL
No votes
D3 AWD AUTOMATIC
2%
D4 AWD AUTOMATIC
15%
T3 FWD MANUAL
12%
T4 AWD AUTOMATIC
15%
T5 AWD AUTOMATIC
20%
Petrol - Other specs not included above
27%
Diesel - Other specs not included above
No votes

Total votes: 452

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

May 2018 seems to have been a shift change month - Diesel's are fighting back.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

MichelR wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:38 pm 😉 not in your list.
T4 FWD automatic.
Oh ****** it!

Trying to be helpful (and as there were two "poll" spaces still available) added two "Other spec" categories for each of petrol and diesel.

All well and good you'd think but it looks like the software has then deleted all previous responses. Sorry guys! Re-select your option if you like but suspect we've lost momentum now.

Warning for other not to change polls after you have them up and running.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Hey not bad - nearly at 30% of the previous number of votes (before it all went belly up) and in just over a week. Well done all.
utvptrca

Post by utvptrca »

I've a D4 AWD auto which, along with the T5 AWD auto were the two launch engines/transmissions in 2018 in the Portuguese market.
Chris Hendriks

Post by Chris Hendriks »

My previous car was a diesel which I drove for ten years. With the launch of the XC40 I was not even tempted to test drive another model than the D4 geartronic awd 2 liter which I purchased immediately. The only problem was to choose between the momentum inscription or R design. I settled eventually for the momentum with leather seats and premium package. Having the car for almost a month I'm very pleased in every aspect
Tyson

Post by Tyson »

D4 auto ordered. Test drove the D4 and T4 and was impressed with the in-gear pull with the D4. Thats why I have ordered that combination.
TrevG

Post by TrevG »

Hi purchased R Design Fusion Red T4 with winterpack, reversing camera, spare wheel, power tailgate on the 13th of October delivery March 2019 dealer said may come sooner just have to keep my fingers crossed. Never driven a T4 so hope I have made the right choice of engine.
XC40 R Design T4 Fusion Red, winter pack, electric tailgate,Sunroof, reversing camera, mud flaps ,boot liner, fitted rubber mats, and spare wheel
West Yorkshire Lofty

Post by West Yorkshire Lofty »

Gone for a D4, purely on MPG. The car will have to do a 360 mile round trip from Scotland to Yorkshire every two weeks. Electric Hybrids may be OK for city centre commuting but there is not many electric charging points in Dumfries and Galloway! Waiting for hydrogen, but the government seem to be dragging their heels!

Cheers WYL
Three Car Garage Sorted! :mrgreen:
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Not sure it’s the government dragging their heels, it seems to me to be the manufacturers. Toyota and Honda both have hydrogen cars here, but they’re incredibly expensive £60k last I saw for an ix35, although I can’t find it for sale anymore. I’m afraid the only station, according to zap-map, even close to your route is Sheffield.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
johnd

Post by johnd »

West Yorkshire Lofty wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:17 am Waiting for hydrogen, but the government seem to be dragging their heels!
Very unlikely to happen, I would have thought. Apart from the cost of introducing the necessary H2 infrastructure, the environmental impact of manufacture seems much too high - tailpipe emissions are zero, which is great, but H2 production seems quite the reverse.

It looks like EVs all the way from where I'm sitting - all the obvious barriers to widespread EV adoption appear readily surmountable. The only tricky one is home-charging for those without a driveway and even that will be much less of a problem once a 15-minute weekly recharge at a local rapid charger becomes feasible (which isn't too far away with 800v battery packs and 350kW chargers, both of which will start to be a reality in 2019). And once the EV infrastructure is fully in place it's then difficult to see H2 getting much of a look-in, at least for the car market - it's possible that HGVs etc (and maybe non-electric-overhead trains and ships) will be a better fit to H2.