What car are you changing from?

The place to discuss everything else..
Paul F

Post by Paul F »

Ford Kuga 1.5 Ecoboost AWD. The Volvo is a much nicer driving experience.
2020 B5 Inscription Pro. AWD. Auto. Denim Blue. Amber interior. Intellisafe Surround. Winter Plus.

Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

1995 Mercedes W124 estate with a 2.8 litre 6 cylinder engine. It was a great long distance cruiser but drank vast amounts of unleaded. We were sad to see it go but are very happy with the electric XC40. It had done just over 200,000 miles but was rust free and everything including the aircon still worked . A testament to Mercedes build quality of that era. We still have a couple of other MBs - 20 year old CLK and 18 year old SLK. All owned from new. We keep ours a very long time! Be interesting to see how the Volvo does in terms of longevity.
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

gripross wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:11 pm Hi Chris
Yes I remember the old days when you could sit down with the dealer and look through all the registrations and pick one that you liked..,As mine is a private plate that’s not an issue but in the past I’ve just emailed them a DVLA barcode and they took care of the rest… hope you didn’t feel I was suggesting anyone over 55 is computer illiterate…. I was just speaking about relatives I have thst wouldn’t be impressed with the present set up.,, looks like you’ll get your car before me do get some pics up when it arrives… best regards to you for a smooth timely delivery…
My previous order in July 2021 was somewhat “unsmooth” as on the day of collection I psyed the deposit…, but between paying and arriving at dealers they managed to reverse the car into the corner of the valet bay… so when I was on my way and took the call of what had happened wasn’t best pleased…Dealer was great and this is what I mean by good dealer experience…. They said they’d repair csr in a few weeks and get it to me but I said I dint want it… they sent me on my way in a demo car.. did a brand new factory order and gave me my original car to use when it was ready to use till the new factory order arrived…and the best part was payment free till the new one arrived.., now that’s what I want from a Volvo dealer .
No offence taken, it's true that some older folks might struggle a bit. I guess they'd get the dealer to place the order.

Not helped by the web-site being clunky as well. Much better when you could pick up a brochure and browse through it on your comfy sofa! All part of the buying experience. At least with my first XC40 I could download a brochure and price list which made it easy to see the different specifications and options - you don't seem to be able to do that anymore. Seems to be all about price cutting even with a "prestige" car.

I don't blame you for not accepting that car! Having to be repaired before you even get it, no way! Dealers are so important. I got my first car from a dealer over an hour's drive away as they offered the best deal. The service was good and so I've continued to use them for servicing etc. even though I've got two others much closer. With the new one I'm going to one that's only 15 minutes away having changed from another franchise. Vibes weren't that good with a distinct lack of staff. Hope I'm not making a mistake going there.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Cevoli21 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:19 pm 1995 Mercedes W124 estate with a 2.8 litre 6 cylinder engine. It was a great long distance cruiser but drank vast amounts of unleaded. We were sad to see it go but are very happy with the electric XC40. It had done just over 200,000 miles but was rust free and everything including the aircon still worked . A testament to Mercedes build quality of that era. We still have a couple of other MBs - 20 year old CLK and 18 year old SLK. All owned from new. We keep ours a very long time! Be interesting to see how the Volvo does in terms of longevity.
Ah, a proper engine! I don't think many of us will be that brave to keep our Volvos for that long. Too complicated and too many things to go wrong including the software and its support.

I see you have bought electric though, so maybe not so bad?
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
StevO

Post by StevO »

Hey Jim,
Previous car was a manual E46 BMW 330 coupe M Sport Individual (estoril blue), got it 12 years ago and did not miss a beat. After clocking over 200k miles and needing more space for our 3 year old I finally called it a day and traded it in so the Mrs could get her favourite Volvo. The bursting blue is almost the same shade as the estoril blue, so it's kind of a nod to the beemer that had been the family work horse for so many years. So far being a Volve owner has been good, no real issues with the car and it's got all the space we need to go on family adventures.
StevO 8-)

[Prac] R-Design D3 FWD Manual in Bursting Blue
| Convenience, Winter Plus, Xenium Packs | BLIS |
| Intellisafe Plus | Keyless Start | Phone Integration |

[Fun] Mk7 Golf GTI PP in Tornado Red
StevO

Post by StevO »

IMG_20230505_174935191.jpg

StevO 8-)

[Prac] R-Design D3 FWD Manual in Bursting Blue
| Convenience, Winter Plus, Xenium Packs | BLIS |
| Intellisafe Plus | Keyless Start | Phone Integration |

[Fun] Mk7 Golf GTI PP in Tornado Red
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

ChrisLF wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:28 am Hi Ron

Interesting what you say about the dealer emailing you. I thought with this move to the agency model and ordering online that it would be Volvo communicating?

I ordered mine not long before you and have heard nothing since confirmation of the order. Have been thinking of contacting Volvo to see if there is a build date yet.

As regards the £2000 loyalty bonus I had to cancel my original order and then my dealer sent me a link to reorder so that they could intervene and apply. I don't think Volvo have got their act together. Neither one thing or the other!
Hi Chris,

Waylands in Reading have kept in touch with me by phone and/or email at least fortnightly since I bought my XC40 there three years ago. The salesman even emailed me this Sunday as I'd had a communication from Volvo on Friday about the deposit, which was somewhat confusing and had forwarded it to him. Impressed! (My wife reckons he hasn't got a wife!)
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
gripross

Post by gripross »

ChrisLF wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:11 am
gripross wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:11 pm Hi Chris
Yes I remember the old days when you could sit down with the dealer and look through all the registrations and pick one that you liked..,As mine is a private plate that’s not an issue but in the past I’ve just emailed them a DVLA barcode and they took care of the rest… hope you didn’t feel I was suggesting anyone over 55 is computer illiterate…. I was just speaking about relatives I have thst wouldn’t be impressed with the present set up.,, looks like you’ll get your car before me do get some pics up when it arrives… best regards to you for a smooth timely delivery…
My previous order in July 2021 was somewhat “unsmooth” as on the day of collection I psyed the deposit…, but between paying and arriving at dealers they managed to reverse the car into the corner of the valet bay… so when I was on my way and took the call of what had happened wasn’t best pleased…Dealer was great and this is what I mean by good dealer experience…. They said they’d repair csr in a few weeks and get it to me but I said I dint want it… they sent me on my way in a demo car.. did a brand new factory order and gave me my original car to use when it was ready to use till the new factory order arrived…and the best part was payment free till the new one arrived.., now that’s what I want from a Volvo dealer .
No offence taken, it's true that some older folks might struggle a bit. I guess they'd get the dealer to place the order.

Not helped by the web-site being clunky as well. Much better when you could pick up a brochure and browse through it on your comfy sofa! All part of the buying experience. At least with my first XC40 I could download a brochure and price list which made it easy to see the different specifications and options - you don't seem to be able to do that anymore. Seems to be all about price cutting even with a "prestige" car.

I don't blame you for not accepting that car! Having to be repaired before you even get it, no way! Dealers are so important. I got my first car from a dealer over an hour's drive away as they offered the best deal. The service was good and so I've continued to use them for servicing etc. even though I've got two others much closer. With the new one I'm going to one that's only 15 minutes away having changed from another franchise. Vibes weren't that good with a distinct lack of staff. Hope I'm not making a mistake going there.
I too travelled over an hour up to York for my 2021 XC40 as i did a great deal through CarWow with them. but now that Volvo are doing all the sales themselves when i got a quote from York this time it was the same at all dealers and so The York salesperson advised me to order from Sheffield as he said even if you order from York.....Volvo UK will steer you towards picking up from Sheffield. I thought that was a good honest touch on his part and i thanked him for his honesty.
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery
Delivered 24th January 2024

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

As part of the ordering process you have the choice of having the car delivered or which dealer you want to use. What difference does it make to Volvo! And how dare they try and tell you which dealer to use!

And all the dealers aren't the same as Ron says with the things he got thrown in. So much for transparency on pricing!

gripross

Post by gripross »

Yes i am a bit miffed that i couldn't really get anything thrown in...i even tried to get a discount on a service pack for the new car as the one i am trading in still has 2 services left..but sadly no joy.
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery
Delivered 24th January 2024

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21