Nice dashcam with safety camera alerts

The place to discuss everything else..
Silver Moose

Re: Nice dashcam with safety camera alerts

Post by Silver Moose » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:19 pm

Thanks for pic. I see the cable connector angles the wrong way - I like the flush fitting of the original cable so will prob source a decent cigar lighter splitter.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera

Shaenei

Post by Shaenei » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:08 pm

Yeah couldn't find one with the right angle the other way and thought it was still better than it sticking out 90°

Wouldn't be an issue if Garmin used usb type c as that goes in either way so could angle both directions
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October

morrishey

Post by morrishey » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:26 am

Thanks Shaenei. Really is a tidy little unit, and the sticky disc is nice and small too.
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.

mfbarros

Nice dashcam

Post by mfbarros » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:35 pm

I wish I could have one a dashcam. However I made my car to be bulletproof. Therefore, it’s not allowed to have anything added and supported to the windshield. Because the inner part of any bulletproof window is of polycarbonate which can be damaged by things add that to it. Even films are not good as they can compromise the lifespan of these windows.
I am looking for a dashcam which can be put in the dashboard and looks nice. Most of them do not fit very well on dashboard. My next try will be nonda zus.
Should anyone have a good idea or have already tried to put a dash in the dashboard please let me know. For some cars dashcam can be put on the mirror but in our XC40 it’s not properly adapted because of the Intellisafe system.

abby606

Re: Nice dashcam

Post by abby606 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:02 pm

mfbarros wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:35 pm
Because the inner part of any bulletproof window is of polycarbonate which can be damaged by things add that to it.
I'm no materials expert but the sticky pads for dashcam mounts and the wire clips (at least for my Blackvue) are 3M VHB pads, with 3M listing bonding polycarbonate to various substrates as one of the typical uses. Perhaps there are certain materials you could use for a normal dashcam install?

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”