First Edition - Driver Support System Failure

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Julian B

First Edition - Driver Support System Failure

Post by Julian B » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:56 am

Within a week of taking delivery of my First Edition D4 most parts of the Driver Support System failed ie, Bliss, City Safety, Cameras, etc etc.
The car was returned to the Volvo Main Dealer were I was informed a Software Update had resolved the problem.
Over the Christmas period, a similar problem occurred with the following warnings indicated;
"Driver Support System Reduced Functionality"
"Headlight Malfunction"
The parts of the Driver Support System which failed are as follows;
Bliss.
City safety.
Headlights Full Beam Assistance.
Cross Traffic Alert.
Adaptive Cruise Control.
Collision Avoidance assistance.
Cameras,
Road Sign Information.
Lane Keeping Aid.
With it being the holiday period I delayed contacting my Volvo Dealer about the re occurrence of the problem, but yesterday after five days of failure the car just returned back to normal without any intervention.
As any one had a similar problem or any ideas as to what the problem might be ?
The cameras and sensor area are clean and OK.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First Edition | D4 | AWD | Auto | Crystal White |20" Wheels | Polestar | Ordered 14th March 2018 | Delivered 9th October 2018

mss911

Re: First Edition - Driver Support System Failure

Post by mss911 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:19 pm

Has your car had the software update as part of the Volvo Recall notice sent out ? I think this came out November / December time.

These errors are listed as possible issues resolved by this recall.

Julian B

Re: First Edition - Driver Support System Failure

Post by Julian B » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:43 pm

Thanks mss911, I have not received any Volvo Recall Notices.
The car was just off the production line at the beginning of October and it had a software update in the third week in October to rectify the Driver Support System Failure.
I will make arrangements with the Volvo Dealership for a further software upgrade, ensuring I have the latest updates to prevent these failures.
Still think it is a great car.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First Edition | D4 | AWD | Auto | Crystal White | 20" Wheels | Polestar | Ordered 14th March 2018 | Delivered 9th October 2018

Return to “Faults & Technical”