Rear bumper protector

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Has anyone found a good rear bumper protector? I have a Rearguards one for my Tiguan which is excellent but they don't make one for the XC40 (or at least not yet). I have seen one silver one but I would prefer black plastic as I have for my Tiguan as it would match a R Design better. I can see the bumper design won't make it easy but getting fishing tackle in and out most days means it will be scratched in no time without one.

hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

I’ve got the reversible boot mat, which provides a bumper cover, and covers the rear seats when down too. I would have thought it would be pretty good for fishing with the rubber side - take out and hose down after your day fishing.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

sounds a good idea but I already have the plastic/rubber boot floor.
PP1981

Post by PP1981 »

Anyone found anything for this yet please?
XC40 T3 Auto R-Design Pro MY2021 Fusion Red with Versatility Pack, Climate Pack, Wireless Charging Pad, Electronic Child Locks, Sunglasses Holder, Genuine Folding Rear Metal Safety Guard and Mud Flaps..
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

How much protection do you need?

0EB0EA28-CC5B-4356-BB6B-DA4C346484D5.png

R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
PP1981

Post by PP1981 »

I like the idea of the mat but the Mrs won’t use it to its full potential, really after something that’s permanently protecting the paintwork on edge of the rear.
XC40 T3 Auto R-Design Pro MY2021 Fusion Red with Versatility Pack, Climate Pack, Wireless Charging Pad, Electronic Child Locks, Sunglasses Holder, Genuine Folding Rear Metal Safety Guard and Mud Flaps..
Gnomeface

Post by Gnomeface »

I used 3M transparent paint protection film - not cheap at nearly £12 for a 1m x 120mm length, but good quality and completely invisible once in place. I made a template from card and spent a bit of time getting the two pieces shaped just right before giving the paintwork a final clean and carefully easing the film into place and smoothing it down. Had to scrap the first attempt because I didn't align it perfectly, but there was enough film to replace that side.

It's a tricky little job and I had a few tiny bubbles that I couldn't get rid of, but you wouldn't know it was there without a very close scrutiny; no scratches yet from the dog leaping in and out over the last 9 months.
Family car - XC40 T5 Inscription Pro, Glacier Silver, charcoal leather, Intellisafe Pro and Xenium packs. Dog guard and mud flaps added since.
Fun car - Mercedes SLC
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Gnomeface wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:16 pm I used 3M transparent paint protection film - not cheap at nearly £12 for a 1m x 120mm length, but good quality and completely invisible once in place. I made a template from card and spent a bit of time getting the two pieces shaped just right before giving the paintwork a final clean and carefully easing the film into place and smoothing it down. Had to scrap the first attempt because I didn't align it perfectly, but there was enough film to replace that side.

It's a tricky little job and I had a few tiny bubbles that I couldn't get rid of, but you wouldn't know it was there without a very close scrutiny; no scratches yet from the dog leaping in and out over the last 9 months.
That’s a good idea. I don’t think it would break the bank if you took it somewhere to get it done professionally.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Joe Bloggs

Post by Joe Bloggs »