3 month service/check up

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

My XC40 goes in for the recall notice software update plus it's 3 month check-up tomorrow.

I'm very happy with the car and can't think of any major faults to report. I've gone through a few of the threads to see what faults crop up regularly and I'm free of most of them.

I have a few niggles but the only real complaints I share with others are:-
a) Pilot Assist positions car way too far to the left rather than central between the lines. Too scary to use on motorways, especially when passing HGVs, always have to manually correct to avoid my door mirrors getting knocked off!
b) Reversing lamps inadequate/useless
c) Internal mood lighting completely ineffective.

I was wondering if anyone has had their Pilot Assist re-calibrated and if so did it solve your problem?
Anyone have suggestions on what else I should check gets done during the check up?

TIA.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.

rhaleuk

Post by rhaleuk »

Hi. Basically same story as you. Just had the three month check and software update this week. I don't mind the lighting or the reversing lamp but I 100% agree with the auto pilot being tuned too far left. It does stop me using it which seems a shame. Thus I'd like to know about the re-calibration too.
XC40 D4 Auto First Edition, Crystal White, Lava Orange, 20" Alloys, Polestar - Ordered 14/3/18 - Delivery 6/10/18
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

rhaleuk wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:31 pm Hi. Basically same story as you. Just had the three month check and software update this week. I don't mind the lighting or the reversing lamp but I 100% agree with the auto pilot being tuned too far left. It does stop me using it which seems a shame. Thus I'd like to know about the re-calibration too.
Re-calibration seems to have worked. Took the car out today for a short spin down the motorway. Now sits dead center between the lines. Nothing they could do about the lighting though...
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
scottpcs

Post by scottpcs »

Rifleman wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:30 pm
rhaleuk wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:31 pm Hi. Basically same story as you. Just had the three month check and software update this week. I don't mind the lighting or the reversing lamp but I 100% agree with the auto pilot being tuned too far left. It does stop me using it which seems a shame. Thus I'd like to know about the re-calibration too.
Re-calibration seems to have worked. Took the car out today for a short spin down the motorway. Now sits dead center between the lines. Nothing they could do about the lighting though...
How did you get the dealer to do the re-calibration Rifleman as my dealer is sticking to the 'they all do that sir' line of conversation and that unless Volvo send them a bulletin of some sort then they can't do anything about it.

I have just last week had the software update done for the Sensus and driver display but I haven't yet had chance to see if it's affected any other part of the car's electronics. I'm guessing a re-calibration of the auto pilot is a separate thing?
XC40 FE D4 AWD Auto - Crystal White ¦ Charcoal ¦ 20" AND Headlight Washers! ¦ Polestar
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

scottpcs wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:34 pm
Rifleman wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:30 pm
How did you get the dealer to do the re-calibration Rifleman as my dealer is sticking to the 'they all do that sir' line of conversation and that unless Volvo send them a bulletin of some sort then they can't do anything about it.

I have just last week had the software update done for the Sensus and driver display but I haven't yet had chance to see if it's affected any other part of the car's electronics. I'm guessing a re-calibration of the auto pilot is a separate thing?
There was no quibble from the dealer and obviously didn't take long as they only had the car for 4hrs including an hours pick-up/drop-off time. The item is shown on the service report as "Calibrated pilot with VIDA **" and as I said it seems to have done the trick.
rhaleuk

Post by rhaleuk »

Thank you Rifleman for giving us your feedback and experience.
XC40 D4 Auto First Edition, Crystal White, Lava Orange, 20" Alloys, Polestar - Ordered 14/3/18 - Delivery 6/10/18
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

I had my 3 month QA check last week and asked them to look at the pilot-assist alignment as mine too was uncomfortably close to the left side of the lane. They must have done something to it, as it has been perfect ever since.
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
Morse

Post by Morse »

Took mine in today for 3 months check up (forgot to get the dealer to stamp the log book) however one of my issues was also about pilot assist hugging the left line markings. They recalibrated, well I say ‘they’ after they finished they offered me the choice of taking the car for a drive along a motorway or fast road to finish the recalibration or booking it in for another day for a member of staff to take it out. I guess this was because I chose to wait for the vehicle rather than dropping it off and leaving it with them. I said I’d take it and do it. I was given this instruction sheet (attached) Not had an opportunity to properly test it yet but I hope it has done the trick. The other concern I asked them to look at was the frequency of the emergency braking activations, often without any due cause that I can identify but they were unable to replicate of offer any advice.

B69FD894-5678-438F-8269-F1B2D892D79D.jpeg

T5 Inscription Pro, Pine Grey, blond interior . Intellisafe pro Xenium pack, Harmon Kardon. Ordered 25th Sept. 18. Delivered 19 Dec following a cancellation and move to earlier factory assembly slot.
XC40Warwick

Post by XC40Warwick »

Pilot assist on my car does seem to have improved with no calibration. It does not take the car as far left of the lane as it did when i first got it.
XC40 FE D4 Crystal White 20" with LAVA
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Hi morse
Did they tell you how to access the camera/ radar re calibration screen in the car to enable you to recalibrate this yourself ??
Black stone T5 FE 19” alloys collected 29 June