Sensus Screen Protector

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

I read this thread and thought, why not, so I ordered a Savvies Protector for the XC40 off Ebay from protectionfilms24, in Germany.
It was ordered mid morning on the 14th November, and arrived in Suffolk 9.30am on the 17th. Cost was £4.89, and there were 6 in the pack. I fitted it as advised with the bowl of boiling water, and it went on perfectly first time. Delighted!

varavital

Post by varavital »

I finally found the time to install my screen protector. I went for the matte screenprotector from Brotect on Ebay.
The bowl of steaming water did the trick for the floating dust particles. No need for a piece of scotch tape to the top edge of the backing of the screen protector, as the Brotect screen protector already has a tab to easily peel off the backing. The screen protector almost slides in place automatically once the top is placed correct.
I just added a led worklight in the car as I had to do this in a closed garage with no sunlight. The ledlight made it very clear when no dust particles were around anymore, and made it easy visible when lowering the backing where the protector sticked on the screen and where a bubble appeared so you could lift the screen protector a bit again and continue lowering the backing. The ledlight also showed some scratches on the screen already after 6000km, so I rather recommend a screen protector.
All in all, it worked a charm, thanks to the step by step instructions of Rifleman among other things.
The road is more important than the destination.
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

Fitted a Brotect Matte protector yesterday and its a great improvement. It looks fantastic, no more reflections or greasy finger prints. Also, the non reflective finish exactly matches that of the drivers display. Its a must do improvement on looks alone before you even think about the protection it affords. Extremely pleased.
D4 Auto Design Pro, Crystal White,
Ian333

Post by Ian333 »

BarryH,

Could you please tell me which one you used and where you got it from?

EDIT: Just found it on Amazon and ordered it 😀

Thanks
Ordered T5 R-Design Pro with most of the bells and whistles in early May ‘18 and received delivery at end of Jan ‘19
Very Happy 😃... especially now it’s Polestarred
TrevG

Post by TrevG »

Hi all ordered my Brotect screen protector today to reduce glair and fingerprints on the touch screen only £5:39 on Amazon thanks for the tip
XC40 R Design T4 Fusion Red, winter pack, electric tailgate,Sunroof, reversing camera, mud flaps ,boot liner, fitted rubber mats, and spare wheel
Morse

Post by Morse »

I haven’t put on a screen protector and had no intention of getting one. Then I had a conversation in passing with the sales rep who sold me the car. He was telling me about one of his clients who had an XC60 and had to pay to have a new unit installed he said it was over £1,400 and this was because she used sprayed some solvent or the other on the screen when cleaning the car. This apparently stripped the coating off and made it unusable. I have therefore decided to put one on at some point before I start taking the car to those hand car wash places and as I usually have them do the interior too, I can envisage someone spraying the screen to polish it because I forgot to tell them not to! So I’ll get a protector for this reason.
T5 Inscription Pro, Pine Grey, blond interior . Intellisafe pro Xenium pack, Harmon Kardon. Ordered 25th Sept. 18. Delivered 19 Dec following a cancellation and move to earlier factory assembly slot.
andygou

Post by andygou »

Morse wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:15 pm I haven’t put on a screen protector and had no intention of getting one. Then I had a conversation in passing with the sales rep who sold me the car. He was telling me about one of his clients who had an XC60 and had to pay to have a new unit installed he said it was over £1,400 and this was because she used sprayed some solvent or the other on the screen when cleaning the car. This apparently stripped the coating off and made it unusable. I have therefore decided to put one on at some point before I start taking the car to those hand car wash places and as I usually have them do the interior too, I can envisage someone spraying the screen to polish it because I forgot to tell them not to! So I’ll get a protector for this reason.
Good point, well made. Thank you Morse.
T5 FE Bursting Blue, 19" wheels, no headlamp cleaning. Ordered 24 February, arrived at dealer 25 April, delivered 30 April.
TrevG

Post by TrevG »

This happened to me some years ago I had a Nissan x trail and I cleaned the dashboard with an interior cleaner,some went on the satnav screen and it became difficult to see almost unusable, fortunately Nissan replaced it under warranty so I think it’s wise to fit the protector.
XC40 R Design T4 Fusion Red, winter pack, electric tailgate,Sunroof, reversing camera, mud flaps ,boot liner, fitted rubber mats, and spare wheel