Emissions Warning Light

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Emissions warning light came on over Christmas in Paris. No reduction in power. Over this weekend the Particulate Filter Full warning also came on.
Took it in today to Bells in Northampton and they said a new temperature sensor is required from Sweden to fix the problem....likley next Monday. :roll:

Luckily I have a hire car from the lease company but its a Vauxhaul :oops:

Hopefully this will resolve the issue but not good on a car only 2 months old and less than 4k on the mileage. Disappointed really.

Deleted User 1240

Post by Deleted User 1240 »

My emissions warning light came on tonight.
Haven't done a long run for a nearly a month so will take it out tonight and see if that clears it.
Fingers crossed.
Deleted User 1240

Post by Deleted User 1240 »

Well going for a drive didn't clear it.
Took it to the dealer today and they said it had logged a engine knock sensor fault.
They don't know the exact cause but have cleared it and it has been fine today.
Hopefully it was just a glitch but will have to wait and see.
Excellent customer service from Snows of Winchester.
Deleted User 2504

Post by Deleted User 2504 »

My warning light (amber) came on yesterday. Car is 3 months old. Booked in Monday to be checked. Wonder if it’s anything to do with short driving distances during lockdown? Anyway, we’ll see what they say....
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Trouble is petrol engines also have particulate filters being fitted now so there's no escaping short journey problems.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Deleted User 2504

Well the car must have known I was taking it to the dealer as the light has gone out. Went up the motorway for about 30 mins and seems to have cleared it. Still taking it in though, for peace of mind.
brigstowe

Post by brigstowe »

The manual says, on page 427, that a petrol engined car, should be driven on A roads at speeds in excess of 44 mph for at least 20 minutes between each refuelling. Page 429, referring to diesel cars, says 38 mph.
Deleted User 2504

brigstowe wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:46 pm The manual says, on page 427, that a petrol engined car, should be driven on A roads at speeds in excess of 44 mph for at least 20 minutes between each refuelling. Page 429, referring to diesel cars, says 38 mph.
Yes, that’s what I read.

I knew diesels had particulate filters but not petrol engines.

I suppose there will be lots of these issues due to lockdown and very short journeys.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

I expected this place to be full of post with people having problems with the particle filters and batteries running low.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
CesarCastro

Post by CesarCastro »

Emissons warning light in my car is a companion for one and a half year.
Every 2 weeks its on.
First it was software tolerance to tigh.
Then was dismounted and reassembled.
Then then and then....
WIth the service blessing I use OBD2 to see if it is the same error code and then clear it.
XC40 T3