Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Richard8

Post by Richard8 »

I have ordered T3 R Design manual in March 2018 despite mentioning I want the oncall start and pre cabin heating facilities via the app. I was not made aware it was on only available in an automatic version of the car. A month later (April 2018) on incidental finding on the brochure, I am complained and had to change the car to T4 R design Automatic. Despite checking on a regular basis by email and phone calls regarding about the delivery date - I get' According to the online database your car will be delivered on the 13th December 2018. I double checked with the dealership even a month before arrival for any problem and again still getting the same message as above. I get a phone call A WEEK before the arrival date stated THEY HAVE ORDERED THE WRONG CAR THE T3 R DESIGN MANUAL! and I have to wait till FEBRUARY 2019 to get my T4 R Design !! :(

hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Ouch! Have you tried contacting Volvo directly? Where are you based?
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

Richard8 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:14 pm I have ordered T3 R Design manual in March 2018 despite mentioning I want the oncall start and pre cabin heating facilities via the app. I was not made aware it was on only available in an automatic version of the car. A month later (April 2018) on incidental finding on the brochure, I am complained and had to change the car to T4 R design Automatic. Despite checking on a regular basis by email and phone calls regarding about the delivery date - I get' According to the online database your car will be delivered on the 13th December 2018. I double checked with the dealership even a month before arrival for any problem and again still getting the same message as above. I get a phone call A WEEK before the arrival date stated THEY HAVE ORDERED THE WRONG CAR THE T3 R DESIGN MANUAL! and I have to wait till FEBRUARY 2019 to get my T4 R Design !! :(
I wanted these too, I wasn't made aware that the manual didn't have those.
I also wasn't made aware that the manual cars have a completely different, useless centre console with cup holders that just don't work!
I've heard so many people say "yeah but the manual transmission needs more space" not that much space it doesn't, not when the V60 has exactly the same centre console whether manual or auto.

I feel for you, I hope they try to speed things up and at least give something as a way of an apology.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Ok, you can’t put bottles in the cup holders on the manual, but cans fit in there fine.
Ordered 11th May 2018
Richard8

Post by Richard8 »

Thanks guys.

Based in Croydon- so they gave me 2 options-
1. courtesy car for 2 months which was a V60 but I need to pay for car insurance.
2. Discount of £600 - which I was not happy and they increased it to £600- plus £200 off the 5 years car service.

Cos I still have my old car - I took option 2. - Didn't bother going motor ombudsman etc.
so waiting for my XC40 ( hopefully the right model this time) on the 3rd week of February 2019.

Guys btw- I am a newbie in collecting a brand new car from the dealership. Can I get some advice on What I must do when going to collect the car and what information I need to get before bringing the car home? Obviously, I would be looking around the car for any damages but other things I might forget to ask or not aware of?

Thank you
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Just take your time, and test everything you can. Don’t let them rush you, and ask plenty of questions.
Ordered 11th May 2018
DB2k

Post by DB2k »

ordered T5 R design pro end of Nov - got a date of late march at the moment. exciting!
XC40 R-Design Pro T5 AWD
TrevG

Post by TrevG »

Hi all, How accurate are the delivery dates my dealer originally said 5th of February now moved to 11th of February has any one that was promised delivery managed to pick there car up when promised
XC40 R Design T4 Fusion Red, winter pack, electric tailgate,Sunroof, reversing camera, mud flaps ,boot liner, fitted rubber mats, and spare wheel
Graad

Post by Graad »

TrevG wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:42 am Hi all, How accurate are the delivery dates my dealer originally said 5th of February now moved to 11th of February has any one that was promised delivery managed to pick there car up when promised
It looks like it becomes more and more precise.
1 week delay is not so bad.
When did you order ?

I have ordered 1st June and delivery date is estimated on 4th February.
I had a call last week to confirm the date and they say it was still the 4th.
I hope it will stay like this (or a good surprise and it arrives days sooner :))
T3 Momentum Aluminium grey + blond interior.
Order date : June 1st 2018.
Delivery Date : February 4th 2019. :D
TrevG

Post by TrevG »

Hi Graad ordered on the 13th of October the original delivery date was 30th of March
XC40 R Design T4 Fusion Red, winter pack, electric tailgate,Sunroof, reversing camera, mud flaps ,boot liner, fitted rubber mats, and spare wheel