Spare wheel retro-fit

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
GlasgowXC40

Post by GlasgowXC40 »

Hi All.

New car arrives in the next 2/3 weeks after 7 months wait...very excited!

When I ordered the car I overlooked ordering a spare wheel instead i have the spray can/electric inflation combo that comes as standard.

Contacted the dealership today to order a spare wheel to be told that on XC40's the spare wheel has no compartment underneath to store it if not factory fitted. Can anyone confirm if this is the case or if there is a work around?

For refernce, I didn't go for the convenience pack so my boot is just the basic version.

Pete
R-Design Pro T4 | Crystal White | Xenium | Intellisafe Pro | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate| Keyless Drive+handfree Tailgate Open/Closing

Ordered 12/07, expected 22/01/19

Morse

Post by Morse »

Pete,
I also overlooked this when I ordered my car. I visited my dealer yesterday to order the space saver wheel. They have ordered the wheel, the jack and brace and the secondary floor cover as I currently have the moulded under floor tray. This won’t work with the space saver so I will have the flat spare wheel cover to go under the folding floor of the convince pack. So mine was not factory fitted either but I have been assured it will accommodate the space saver. However if you are after a full size spare then this definitely won’t fit.
T5 Inscription Pro, Pine Grey, blond interior . Intellisafe pro Xenium pack, Harmon Kardon. Ordered 25th Sept. 18. Delivered 19 Dec following a cancellation and move to earlier factory assembly slot.
GlasgowXC40

Post by GlasgowXC40 »

Thanks Morse.

Can you let me know how you get on? Ill have to wait and see what mine comes with when in arrives and then go from there with the local dealership or with options online.
R-Design Pro T4 | Crystal White | Xenium | Intellisafe Pro | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate| Keyless Drive+handfree Tailgate Open/Closing

Morse

Post by Morse »

Pete,
Of course I’ll update you when it arrives. When I placed the order the garage were unable to provide an estimate of how long it would take to get here. I’m hoping it’s quicker that the time it’s taking for the average car to arrive!
T5 Inscription Pro, Pine Grey, blond interior . Intellisafe pro Xenium pack, Harmon Kardon. Ordered 25th Sept. 18. Delivered 19 Dec following a cancellation and move to earlier factory assembly slot.
CelticXC40

Post by CelticXC40 »

Hi
Yesterday, I bought the Inscription pro demonstrator from our local dealer. It didn't have a spare wheel. The salesman very quickly spoke to the spares dept and they produced a list of items that were needed to fit the spare wheel. They are of the opinion the parts were available in the UK and would be fitted before I collect the car later next week. I don't have the detailed list from the printout, but when I collect the car and the balance of the paperwork I will post it all here.
Rgds Tom
PS I also cancelled the new XC40 Inscription pro I have had on order (with a discount broker) having waited since 10th May and still did not have a delivery date.
XC40 Inscription pro - T4 - Auto AWD - Pine Grey - Blonde Leather - 19" wheels - Intellisafe pro Pack, Tinted windows, Keyless drive, wireless charging, Xenium pack, Towbar, Spare wheel. Delivered 22nd January 2019.
GlasgowXC40

Post by GlasgowXC40 »

Celticxc60 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:24 pm Hi
Yesterday, I bought the Inscription pro demonstrator from our local dealer. It didn't have a spare wheel. The salesman very quickly spoke to the spares dept and they produced a list of items that were needed to fit the spare wheel. They are of the opinion the parts were available in the UK and would be fitted before I collect the car later next week. I don't have the detailed list from the printout, but when I collect the car and the balance of the paperwork I will post it all here.
Rgds Tom
PS I also cancelled the new XC40 Inscription pro I have had on order (with a discount broker) having waited since 10th May and still did not have a delivery date.
Sorry to hear that about your Inscription Pro but congrats on the new car.

I have a feeling that there is a work around on this so will be good to see if it is a flat-spare like above or an inflated wheel.

Pete

Spaceryder

Post by Spaceryder »

Hello folks
Newbie here and picking up an ex-demo Inscription end of the week.

It doesn’t have a spare wheel and the dealer has quoted £392 for fitting one ( factory fit is £150 if memory serves).

Does this price seem reasonable and what are you guys being charged?

Thanks
CelticXC40

Post by CelticXC40 »

I have just looked at my invoice. My dealer charged £333.33.
Regards
Tom
XC40 Inscription pro - T4 - Auto AWD - Pine Grey - Blonde Leather - 19" wheels - Intellisafe pro Pack, Tinted windows, Keyless drive, wireless charging, Xenium pack, Towbar, Spare wheel. Delivered 22nd January 2019.
GlasgowXC40

Post by GlasgowXC40 »

Around £400 is what i am seeing online - again another reason I wish I hadn't overlooked it on the options.

Spaceryder

Post by Spaceryder »

Thanks Tom.

I'll see if I can knock him down a few quid -every little helps!

I'm picking my Inscription T5 up on Friday 18th as well. Am strangely excited