Comparison with Tiguan

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Just joined this forum having been a regular on the Tiguan forum.
I am looking at getting a D4 R Drive to replace my Tiguan SEL TDI 190 - so similar engines.
I am interested in views from anyone else who has made the change.
Particularly how does the sat nav compare - probably the weakest point on Tiguan
How does the ACC compare. Its invaluable on Tiguan and great but is very expensive on XC40 as its only bundled in the pack whereas not sure I need the other bits.
I have enjoyed my Tiguan but fancy a change and like the looks and reviews of XC40.
Any other comparisons gratefully received.

trjim2k5

Post by trjim2k5 »

I have only done a test drive on the Tiguan (SEL TDI 190 like yours) and I find the XC40 much more refined on the road. Also, for some reason, the TDI 190 felt under-powered, so much that my D3 feels more powerful when it's obviously not. Must have something to do with the accelerator and/or gearbox setup I suppose.

Sat nav on the XC40 is decent, but I very much prefer using Waze through Android Auto. I find all stock Sat Navs inferior to Google Maps/Waze.

The ACC on both is similar. Pilot Assist in the XC40 is much better than the lane keeping system in the TIguan.

One drawback of the XC40 is the inferior boot space compared to the VW.
XC40 | Inscription Pro | D3 FWD Auto | Denim Blue | Ordered 29/03/18 | Delivered 29/09/18
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Thanks for reply. Now had a test drive. I thought the XC40 was more refined and quieter too. Glad to hear that pilot assist is better as I switched off the lane keeping after less than a week as I found it very distracting and no help. I think I can live with boot.
Surprised you found TDI 180 underpowered as I would have said it is very powerful with a real kick if you put foot down. Having said that I had no issues with XC40 on test drive and probably the power came in more smoothly rather than with a bang.