Steamed up windscreen

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
jacobxc40

Post by jacobxc40 »

Does anyone else have issues with the windscreen steaming up? I’m finding it’s terrible and no setting seems to work.

When you press the Max button (image of windscreen) lots of noise is made but if I reach to the output vents at bottom of windscreen there is no air coming out - is this by design or does yours blast the air?

Thanks!

hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Have you checked the air intake or pillow filter hasn’t been clogged with leaves?

Are you still using aircon? Some people switch it off in winter thinking it only cools, but it helps dehumidify.

Which edition do you have?
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
NKXC40

Post by NKXC40 »

Have you tried pressing the Max button twice in quick succession? The first press turns on the heated screen and increases the fan output and the second press appears to alter the distribution and deflects the air to the windscreen, clearing it fairly rapidly.
D4 AWD First Edition Crystal White. 19” Wheels. No headlamp wash. Delivered 8th June after 16 weeks.
jacobxc40

Post by jacobxc40 »

I’ll try the double press first thing tomorrow! If it’s that I’ll kick myself and be delighted.

It’s the T3 momentum, had it since August but since winter has closed in I’ve noticed it more I’ve been leaving a cloth in the car to deal with it. Always kept the AC on, will have a look around the filters in the day light too. Thanks!
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Not the Pro? So you don't have the heated windscreen?

If the filter or air intakes aren't blocked, I would have a chat with the dealer, get the air-con checked. Otherwise I'm stumped I'm afraid.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
MOSCOWBASS

Post by MOSCOWBASS »

Have you checked for water leaking into the car, wet carpets etc. Do you have a sunroof that could be leaking?
mss911

Post by mss911 »

I find if you are using the default Eco Driving Mode it puts the Air Con into an ECO Climate mode which can really steam up the windows in certain conditions.
jacobxc40

Post by jacobxc40 »

Just an update! I took it into Volvo and all my fan control motors are reading error codes, apparently the first to do so, unlucky me! Booked in for replacements, 4 day job to take out the steering column and dashboard to access it all.

Just pleased I wasn't loosing my mind!