Popping Noise From Front

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
jacobxc40

Post by jacobxc40 »

I've got the XC40 T3 Momentum Manual (UK) since late August. I live about an hour from the dealership so getting there is a pain but I've noticed a really odd popping noise coming from the front of the car when sat inside. If I had to describe it, maybe behind the glove box on the passenger side (left in UK).

I've tried to find any kind of pattern to it, but not really much look. I'd say when it's stationary it's more common.

If I had to describe it, it's like the popping noise a speaker makes when you mess with the aux cord, but it happens when I've muted the music.

Anyone else noticed this? It's such a small thing but as an irritation it's just growing!! :?

Thanks!

hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

That’s where the sub-woofer is I think. I wonder if it’s picking up some interference perhaps? Do you have a dash cam wired that way, or store your mobile there?
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
jacobxc40

Post by jacobxc40 »

I have a Dashcam powered through the USB port In the central console, and place my phone there for storage - the dashcam emits a WiFi signal to connect via the app. Wonder if turning it off might help! Will try first thing tomorrow
jacobxc40

Post by jacobxc40 »

So after thinking I was going mad and all my passengers denying hearing it, it looks like it's connected to this issue I was having:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1045&p=9287#p9287

Thanks for everyones help!