Sun Visors. Anyone have any comments/concerns?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

Blastpipe wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:56 am Will dig my flat cap out in anticipation of the Volvo arriving - The Norman Wisdom look is after all pretty cool!
Are you getting a whippet as well for the full effect?

Godders

Post by Godders »

I drove along a winding road yesterday in blinding sun, and wherever I positioned the visor - front or side - it never seemed to be in the right place. (Also, I find swinging it from front to side quite awkward, as my head gets in the way, making it quite a dangerous manoeuvre while on the move.) I see that Amazon sell sun visor extensions, but these do not seem to cover the side window problem. Does anyone have any experience of any of these, or anything suitable for the side window so the main visor can be left in place?
Inscription T4 automatic Onyx Black
Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

Out in the blue sky and low sun today and really struggled to get the sun visor in a suitable position to avoid being dazzled, luckily had sunglasses to hand which helped.
T5 First edition Crystal White
xc40fun

Post by xc40fun »

The other user of my car got a sun visor extension thingy from Halfords. It helped her a lot.

Only issue I see is that the clip is quite tight and I like to take it off when I'm driving, so it is marking some light scruffs/scratches on the Volvo visor.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 4WD [190] | Bright Silver with Lava interior | 19" wheels | Ordered 12/02/18 - ETA 10/04/18 - Arrived 13/04/18
verao1975

Post by verao1975 »

Problems with sun visors?Seriously?
T4 AT8 AWD Inscription Ice White Blond Leather :D
Blue Velvet

Post by Blue Velvet »

Bhowani wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:22 pm Not wishing to be flippant, but free membership of the flat hat club is available from any bone fide tyke.I always travel with on me, as one can swivel it round to block out sun from side windows without the tortuous job of unlocking and official sun visor and swinging it round.
It might sound a bit primitive but it works, and reinforces the boring old ********** image which some sections of the media perpetuate.

Bhowani
Currently 2013 V60 Auto (PETROL!!)
2019 XC40 T4 en route somewhere, but preferably before 29th March!
:lol:
Momentum Pro D3
Red Fusion ;)
sunnydays

Post by sunnydays »

JakXC40 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:38 am
I can't help thinking the size/profile of the driver's visor is hardly fit for purpose & potentially dangerous!

Over many years driving various vehicles, I have never experienced such inadequate visors?

I did a forum search covering "sun visors" here but found no results re. this subject!
Tnx for posting this, adequate sun visors are must have.