Greetings

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Jaolchhu4

Post by Jaolchhu4 »

Morning

I came across the forum over the weekend and have enjoyed catching up on some of the previous threads.

My D4 FE arrived in early November after being ordered in March. It’s a company car and replaced a Mercedes C350e which was super fast and well apopointed. Unfortunately suitable hybrid replacements were not available to order so I’ve had to bite the bullet on a much more expensive BIK. I managed to keep my order just under £40k so that help the monthly leasing costs.

I originally ordered Fusion Red but a cock up at my lease provider meant that the order was not processed in time and I missed the cut when they finally got their act together!!

They managed to find a cancelled order on a black FE with 20” alloys so I plumbed for that and it arrived about four weeks ago.

Whilst a bit of a muck magnet in black, I have to say the it looks pretty mean and has great presence in the one colour, especially with privacy windows.

Returning to a diesel unit after the merc has been a bit of a retrograde step technologically. I miss the immediate and seamless power delivery but my driving licence is less likely to suffer any more damage - adaptive cruise control is a boon in this respect although the 5mph increments are too wide IMO.

I’m still acclimatising myself to the Volvo experience but enjoy most of the tech, which could be simpler to understand and operate for a newbie but I’m working it out and the forum has helped in that regard.

My wife loves it and I have to fight her to use it at times. I also enjoy immensely no longer having to plug it in to the mains!

Any how, so far so good. MPG could be better and the gearbox hunts around a bit too much at times (glad I’ve got the paddles so I can take charge at times). The Hifi is ok but not as good as the Burmester system that came with the merc. Surround sound is good but not for spoken word where it adds quite a bit of echo. Up to halfway seems to be about optimum to my ears at least. heard a lot worse though.

Here’s to the next four years!
XC40 D4 FE Stone Black 20" Alloys

balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Welcome, glad that you are enjoying your XC40! You can avoid the 5 mph increments on the cruise control by holding the + or - buttons down rather than just touching them, if you continue pressing the buttons the speed increments are then 1 mph (well that's what it does on my car anyway!).
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

balmoral wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:34 am holding the + or - buttons down rather than just touching them
That's another thing I've learnt! Forum has been very educational these last few days :)
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.