Missing puddle lights under door handles?!?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

XCOsmium wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:18 pm That's pants they removed them as had the puddle lights on my old V40 and they were useful....stopped me treading dog sh1t into my car more than once. Better get some rubber floor mats then 🤣
So I've just gone and taken a look at all my paperwork for the car. When you said under the door handles I was picturing the small approach lights you have there but I'm guessing you mean the ground/puddle lights that are usually under the wing mirror?

My order form has that on it and I ordered mine on the first week of April... When did you order yours?

20181019_120420.jpg

R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red

mikek

Post by mikek »

Hmm, I ordered at the end of September (Inscription Pro) and they've removed "with Ground Lights". Shame as I find them useful on my current car. Can't think it would have been much of a cost saving exercise if they were already built in to the earlier models.

IMG_0750.jpg

Volvo XC40 T5 AWD Inscription Pro Auto. Denim Blue. Ordered September 2018, delivery March 2019.
Going - Land Rover Discovery Sport 2.0HSE TD4 180. Loire Blue.
Deleted User 1240

Post by Deleted User 1240 »

XCOsmium wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:13 pm Thanks for the replys guys. Not too bothered about the flag but the puddle lights would have been nice. I have since noticed that the storage drawer under the driver seat is not there and the lockable glovebox has gone too. Don't know if anyone else with a MY2019 has the same issues
The storage draw under the driver's seat comes as part of the optional convenience pack.
I believe UK models don't come with a locking glovebox for some reason....I would love to know why.
XCOsmium

Post by XCOsmium »

The ones i meant were under the door handles. I ordered back on the 4th March so guess with the delays I got a MY2019 and they got deleted from the spec. I did the tail light led bulb upgrade today with no errors. Will put it on the other thread.
D3 R-Design Pro, Osmium Grey
Chris-croft

Post by Chris-croft »

Just picked my T5 FE today (Built 1st week Oct), it does have a light under each door handle; plus it has a light built into the underside of the door pockets in the front two doors.
When you open the front doors the lights illuminate the adjacent area

IMG_5759.JPG

Do you have these two "Ground lights " in the front door undersides?
T5 FE GREY OUTSIDE; BLACK INSIDE; 20" RIMS; Oct 19 DEL with P*
XCOsmium

Post by XCOsmium »

Yes I have the ones under the doors when open but not the ones under the handles. Not sure if it may have something to do with the keyless entry option as I don't have that.
D3 R-Design Pro, Osmium Grey
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

I picked up my car yesterday and even though it said on my paperwork wing mirrors with ground lights I noticed this evening that it doesn't have them
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Not on mine either, and I’m sure it was on the spec when I ordered. I just can’t find the correct pricing brochure from that time. I’ve got edition 1 and 3, but not 2 which was active at my order time.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
ProMo-T3

Post by ProMo-T3 »

I have a few things missing from my momentum pro. Ground lights, rear reading lights and electric fuel lid opening. Ordered 1st week of April.

My dealer spoke to Volvo and they've agreed to fit us the roof rack and bike carrier as compensation.

They tried saying it was a misprint in the brochure but we pointed out that it was on our order form so there was no denying it then.

Hope you get yours resolved.
B4 Inscription Pro AWD in Glacier Silver with all extra packs 12th Oct 21
Previously had a T3 Momentum Pro in Ice White for 3 years with tinted rears and 19's
iainrelliott

Post by iainrelliott »

I ordered an R Design on April 24th and picked it up this week. This came with puddle lights on the door handles.