Pine Grey Finally Arrived - Damaged!

Post pictures of your Volvo XC40 here
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Well, it's been a very long wait, but it's finally arrived. Looked really smart on the back of the delivery vehicle - until I got to the back and noticed some bad scratches and dent on the boot lid. Someone had clearly opened the boot onto something else. Supplying dealership is now trying to work with a local dealer to get it repaired ASAP. Could be interesting. Unfortunately, I didn't get the choice of which dealer supplied.

Otherwise, looks really smart though, very happy!

IMG_1372.JPG

IMG_1149.JPG

Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018

morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Congrats on the arrival! Must have really taken the shine off the excitement of the new delivery though. Hope it gets sorted quickly for you.
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Thank you. Definitely was disappointing, but at least it doesn’t have to go back, and I carry on with an asthmatic cee’d! I’ve calmed down now, and can enjoy it.
Ordered 11th May 2018
Taff

Post by Taff »

looking great, sorry to here of the damage, hope its sorted quickly for you.
Ordered XC40 D3 Inscription Automatic, Pine Grey, Charcoal Leather, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Camera, Tempra Spare Wheel. (Ordered 23/5/18) Delivered 20th September 2018.
Markxc40

Post by Markxc40 »

That's a bummer hda I hope it gets sorted quickly and correctly for you, it does look a real brute of a car though.
Mine is due on the 8th November but is being driven across from Peterborough to Worcestershire which makes me a little nervous.

I did think about having it come via a trailer but decided against it so my fingers are well and truly crossed for its safe arrival.

Best
Driving a Volvo XC40 2.0 T4 Inscription Pro AWD Geartronic in Pine Grey :D
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Thanks all!

Good luck tomorrow Mark, hope it goes well! It’s a fantastic looking thing in the flesh!
Ordered 11th May 2018
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Looks great and love the colour, hope the damage gets sorted soon for you.
XC40 2.0 T4 Inscription Pro AWD, Crystal White with Oxide Red Leather, Heated S/W, Intellisafe Pro, H K sound, Tempa Spare Wheel, Xenium Pack, Dark Windows,.

Part Exchange - Lexus RC300h F Sport, Sonic Red, 2017.
ste12

Post by ste12 »

hdasmith wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:25 pm Well, it's been a very long wait, but it's finally arrived. Looked really smart on the back of the delivery vehicle - until I got to the back and noticed some bad scratches and dent on the boot lid. Someone had clearly opened the boot onto something else. Supplying dealership is now trying to work with a local dealer to get it repaired ASAP. Could be interesting. Unfortunately, I didn't get the choice of which dealer supplied.

Otherwise, looks really smart though, very happy!

IMG_1372.JPGIMG_1149.JPG
Congrats on the new car! Looks great... and welcome to the D3 manual club!! Sorry to hear about the scratches. Still loving mine and mpg still really good. Only niggles I've had are broken boot catch (mentioned elsewhere on here) and a rattle coming from panel by right leg which is getting sorted tomorrow at 3k check. Only other little thing I've found (and only applies to manual) is the drink holder when x 2 drinks in place – tendency for them to be in the way when changing gear. I took the inlay out and flipped round so stagger height is opposite way round which is better (for me anyway!). Enjoy!
D3 R Design. Silver. 19s. Tow-bar. Ordered 1st March. Delivered: July 10
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Thanks for the suggestions ste12, I’ll do that with the cup holder.

I do need to find a better position for my clutch foot when changing gear a lot, holding it above the pedal is quite tiring, but otherwise love the car.

First long journey today, managed 61mpg for the return! Really pleased with that.
Ordered 11th May 2018
sdubs76

Post by sdubs76 »

That Amber leather interior is just beautiful... I’ve ordered the same!
XC40 Momentum T3 / Onyx Black / Amber leather interior / 19” Alloys #Ordered November 2018 > expected March 19th 2019