Finally got my Fusion Red T5FE :D

Post pictures of your Volvo XC40 here
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Picked up on Friday and given it's first long run on the trip home from Birmingham to Hampshire. Just shorter journeys over the the weekend, in between fiddling with all the settings - absolutely love it!

It's been a long wait since March, but I'm really happy I stuck in there through some periods of doubt and consideration of cancelling the order. Lovely smooth ride on the 20s, T5 engine I'm finding a really nice drive.

Even had chance to sample the safety feature on the drive home from the Midlands as traffic ahead threw out anchors due to a broken down car in the fast lane :shock: . Mrs Morrishey was driving and although she was braking quite hard (so much for treating the new brakes gently!), the car obviously decided it wasn't enough and added more.

Loving the adaptive cruise control, definitely a step up from the 'dumb' cruise control in our other cars. Much more relaxed travelling, though it's very easy to just end up going 5 or 10mph slower than you want to because it's gently eased up behind a slower car in front. Eco mode is very relaxed on motorway type roads - find the comfort mode a bit 'jumpy' as it adjusts speed, but not so keen around town where the reduced power pull away is a bit too slow for my liking.

Lots of things still to get used to, but looking forward to a long relationship with the car.

IMG_3797.jpg

IMG_3793.jpg

IMG_3789.jpg

IMG_3787.jpg

XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.

DaveSig2018

Post by DaveSig2018 »

Lovely looking car . Enjoy!
On order (April 2018) XC40 Inscription / T4 / Denim Blue / now on the road as of 30th July 2018!! :D
lamptramp

Post by lamptramp »

There seems there is a rash of Fusion Red arriving, my was collected yesterday

DSC_0316.JPG

Volvo XC40 Fusion Red 1st Edition T5 on order for October 2018. Took delivery 31st October 2018
Tyson

Post by Tyson »

Lovely colour. I decided on the white when I put my order in. Same 20 inch wheels, though. They look great!
Bonnieballoo

Post by Bonnieballoo »

Agree - must have had a batch come in. My red one arrived this week. Picking up on Wednesday. Even nicer looking than I remembered. It’s been SO long.
Becksie

Post by Becksie »

Looks lovely - Mine has also arrived so fingered crossed should be driving it by next week at the latest.
Ordered 12/03/18 - D4 R Design Pro - Fusion Red.
Build date - 02/11/18 :shock:
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Another member of the "Fusion Family"!!!
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.