Ceramic Coating

Post pictures of your Volvo XC40 here
JohnMac

Post by JohnMac »

About to head off for my 'light' Ceramic Coating. I wonder if it will be worth the money..!?! I've gone for a single stage polish with Gtechniq EXO V4 for the body and C5 Wheel Armour on the rims. Ive opted for this due to it being my first time with Ceramic Coatings - so a bit tentative. Two days worth of work involved. Has anyone had any experience..? The company I've chosen is over 100 miles away so looking forward to my first drive since having the car delivered last Friday. I'm getting a courtesy car for the duration of the work. These are the before pictures..!! Happy motoring y'all..!!

IMG_0348.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG

q3billy

Post by q3billy »

How much are you paying for the coating?
Really interested in getting mine done when it arrives.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Some sticky tyres you've got fitted there, JohnMac ;)

It'll be interesting how worthwhile you feel the process is after a couple of months.
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
JohnMac

Post by JohnMac »

Morrishey - yes, I think the same. A couple of months in the U.K. winter will be a real test..! Fingers crossed it's been worthwhile..!?!? Sticky rubber always good. :D

Q3billy - I paid £540 for a new car detail. Gtechniq ExoV4 paintwork and wheels. (Wheels were changed from C5 wheel armour). G1 smart glass, interior and engine. It was from a company in Perth, Scotland. So far, completely satisfied. Courtesy car for the duration of the two days work and paintwork like glass on collection. I guess the real test will be longevity and ease of maintenance. I opted to go for a less permanent coating then some of the options available. The reason I chose this was because it's my first time with ceramics and I didn't want to go in too deep. I believe that minor stone chips and scratches can't be repaired unless done professionally with the more permanent options. Like everything else, it's a personal choice - what may suit one individual might not suit another. Wide choice of maintenance products to support the coating - I'm looking at them now. Bought W4 snow foam and some Quick Detailer from the Detailing Company. Now looking at a suitable wheel wash and shampoo to compliment the coating. I've no idea if this will be money well spent or not - time will tell, I guess. A great couple of days spent in beautiful Perthshire though..!! 8-) What are you thinking of going for yourself..?

Happy motoring..!

IMG_3951.JPG

IMG_3960.JPG

IMG_3944.JPG

IMG_3943.JPG

Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Applied my own ceramic coating this morning. Used Nanolex Si3D Ceramic Coating, Bundle costs about £80 for the 50ml bottle which I bought (could get away with the 30ml bottle I think as I have atleast half a bottle left) and takes a few hours to apply. Cars looking lovely and shiny, now for the test of time

Got it from here https://www.monzacarcare.com/shop/wheel ... nt-bundle/ and currently they have 15% off if you use the code BF15

5BC3A0AE-5D7B-435E-8930-342E961A0A6D.jpeg

XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Bob

Post by Bob »

Looks good. Did you apply it to the wheels and glass also?
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Bob wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:25 pm Looks good. Did you apply it to the wheels and glass also?
No as the stuff I got is only for paint. I've got some glass, plastic and wheel stuff coming (links below) but thought I'd utilities the dry weather to get it applied as you need to give it 24 hours without water getting onto the car

For the plastic & rubber I've got this https://www.monzacarcare.com/shop/plast ... r-coating/

For glass I've got this https://www.monzacarcare.com/shop/seala ... lant-30ml/

And this for my alloy's https://www.monzacarcare.com/shop/seala ... l-sealant/

Also always worth having some iron remover https://www.monzacarcare.com/shop/paint ... n-remover/
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October