New R Design Pro - 2 weeks in

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Talisker7

Post by Talisker7 »

Hello all,
Here is my introductory post. I purchased my T4 R Design pro in fusion red from the dealer in Dundee 2 weeks ago. It was their demo car.
So far the car has exceeded my expectations. Enjoying smooth petrol power, the excellent tech and HK stereo.
The only fly in the ointment, OK there are 2. Can anyone spot the issue with the roof rails?
Volvo are also thus far unable to get my On Call working which is a tad inconvenient.
Back to the dealers on Thursday to give them a chance to put those 2 issues right.

IMG_1431.jpg

[attachment=0]IMG_1437 (1).jpg

IMG_1437 (1).jpg

T4 R Design Pro Fusion Red

hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

I’d keep the roof rails - a unique car! You could start a trend in aftermarket mods!
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
TrevG

Post by TrevG »

Looks a lovely car the same colour as the one I have ordered how do you find the performance from the T4 engine My test drive was in a D3 Diesel
XC40 R Design T4 Fusion Red, winter pack, electric tailgate,Sunroof, reversing camera, mud flaps ,boot liner, fitted rubber mats, and spare wheel
Talisker7

Post by Talisker7 »

Hi TrevG, T4 is silky smooth and easy to live with with good torque (last car was a 3L diesel Macan) it has a good spread of power. Not a sports car by any stretch but there is enough power to entertain, up to a point. In eco it will do 37 mpg in dynamic it does 30mpg. Mileage has improved slightly with a few more miles on the clock.
TrevG

Post by TrevG »

Hi what is the story behind the roof rails did they give you a choice to go black or silver, If they were both silver it would have made the car unique.
XC40 R Design T4 Fusion Red, winter pack, electric tailgate,Sunroof, reversing camera, mud flaps ,boot liner, fitted rubber mats, and spare wheel
Talisker7

Post by Talisker7 »

Did get a choice and have decided to go standard, so it’s back to black. Unique sounds like fun but might not be to everyone’s taste!