Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Just had a call from the dealer, my car is at the dealership awaiting PDI and registration. I have to call in this weekend to sign the finance docs which means the car will be ready for collection this Wednesday.
I’m delaying collection until Friday as I have a day off work then. What’s two more days after such a long wait... ;)
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.

ZED

Post by ZED »

Just heard from dealer and there appears to be “a few days delay” due to availability of parts.
Not bothered after such a long wait, but cannot wait now :roll:
I have just done a round trip to Kent of 1200 miles. Would you believe, I still have not seen one XC40 on the road.
I now need to source a data memory card for the car on the basis that most seem to think that they are a good idea.
There are a few waiting October delivery for FEs.

ZED
XC40 D4 FE Polestar Crystal White. Charcoal Interior. 20” Wheels. Ordered 16 March, 2018
Original ETA June 2018 - now end of October 2018
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Rifleman wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:31 pm Just had a call from the dealer, my car is at the dealership awaiting PDI and registration. I have to call in this weekend to sign the finance docs which means the car will be ready for collection this Wednesday.
I’m delaying collection until Friday as I have a day off work then. What’s two more days after such a long wait... ;)
Well done - that was a long wait, but your patience will be rewarded next week! I'll be looking out for you on Notts roads.
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
Landers

Post by Landers »

I Order my XC40 in March 2018, expected delivery date July, then October now November. Although I’ve now been promised a courtesy car until it arrives. Worth asking your dealership if you’re having the same issue.
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

[/quote]
Well done - that was a long wait, but your patience will be rewarded next week! I'll be looking out for you on Notts roads.
[/quote]

Hi Balmoral.

I went in on Sunday to sign the finance docs. I had a quick peep at my car and gave it a pat on the derrière. It’s the right colour and has the right wheels so that’s a good start!

There was another BB on 20” wheels parked right by mine and I was told that is being picked up on Wednesday. The Nottinghamshire roads will be full of them soon ;0)

A note on the finance for those interested. I went in prepared for negotiations regarding change in payments due to the increased APR introduced since I ordered. Didn’t have to, loan details were exactly as I signed up to back in March, 4.9%. Trade In car was on PCP and the dealer had promised to pay that off plus a few hundred over. They honoured that too. 3yrs servicing and £1500 deposit contribution intact...

Hopefully the Friday pick up will go just as well
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Bob wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:44 am At last! Just been informed my FE is on it's way (I'm assuming that means it's on the transporter from which ever port they bring them in to. Still not picking it up until the 16th though (I believe that if it gets to them today they could have got it ready for tomorrow, but I'd rather they not rush it, instead take their time and make sure everything is right. Also the salesman is away next week, and I am busy, plus I'd rather have the handover from him, so my choice really).
Let us know how you get on tomorrow Bob, hope everything goes smoothly. Don't forgot the obligatory photos.
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Bob

Post by Bob »

Shaenei wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:49 pm Let us know how you get on tomorrow Bob, hope everything goes smoothly. Don't forgot the obligatory photos.
Well, I've finally taken delivery of it, all went smoothly, and had a very enjoyable drive around the South Lakes. It is everything I remember from my test drive all those months ago. :D

Hope your handover goes as smoothly on Friday. ;)

New Car Handed Over (small).jpg

Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Bob wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:21 pm
Shaenei wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:49 pm Let us know how you get on tomorrow Bob, hope everything goes smoothly. Don't forgot the obligatory photos.
Well, I've finally taken delivery of it, all went smoothly, and had a very enjoyable drive around the South Lakes. It is everything I remember from my test drive all those months ago. :D

Hope your handover goes as smoothly on Friday. ;)

New Car Handed Over (small).jpg
That's good, looks lovely.

Sorted much of mine out today so I don't think much more else to do. 7 day insurance done, my car valued and final settlement sent to them so can't see much else that needs to be sorted. Sign a few bits of paperwork, etc

Still waiting for my registration document that you got so i mention about wanting first edition on it otherwise I'll mention it on Friday.

Hopefully we'll bump into each other at some point, enjoy the car
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

Beeko Bill wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:52 pm How long should we expect from notification that something is happening like a build date to delivery? Getting a bit concerned that my weekly updates from the dealership is of the ‘nothing to report’ variety when I am expecting delivery late October early November. Surely I should be hearing ‘they are building it in a week’ type info by now?
Weekly updates? I don't hear from mine for months at a time. I can call constantly for more than a week and still don't get a return call.

I travelled nearly 5 hours to the dealership to pick up a V40 courtesy car and the guy who had been dealing with me this whole time didn't even have the decency to acknowledge or greet me.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
Graad

Post by Graad »

q3billy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:58 pm Weekly updates? I don't hear from mine for months at a time. I can call constantly for more than a week and still don't get a return call.

I travelled nearly 5 hours to the dealership to pick up a V40 courtesy car and the guy who had been dealing with me this whole time didn't even have the decency to acknowledge or greet me.
Yup, same for me, ordered last June, no news since an email I sent a month ago to get an update.
Just to tell me the date would be 6th February instead of 22nd.
T3 Momentum Aluminium grey + blond interior.
Order date : June 1st 2018.
Delivery Date : February 4th 2019. :D