What do you think of the new Q3?

The place to discuss everything else..
Taff

Post by Taff »

I am changing from the Q3 to the XC40, it will be more expensive than the XC40 and not so well equipped as standard, plus you will have a similar wait as with the XC40.
Have had my fill of the VW/Audi brand after eleven years with them.
Ordered XC40 D3 Inscription Automatic, Pine Grey, Charcoal Leather, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Camera, Tempra Spare Wheel. (Ordered 23/5/18) Delivered 20th September 2018.

Flatman5

Post by Flatman5 »

Don't think much to it to be honest, the styling seems a bit lazy. Nothing special about it.
xc40fun

Post by xc40fun »

For me it's the interior, it's where you sit and interact with all the time, you don't really see the outside of your car when driving. Of course it helps if it doesn't look like a Lada though. :)

When I tried the (old) Q3 back in January when shopping for a car, I was not impressed with the quality or layout of the interior - it tries too hard to remain a car inside too.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 4WD [190] | Bright Silver with Lava interior | 19" wheels | Ordered 12/02/18 - ETA 10/04/18 - Arrived 13/04/18
julesski

Post by julesski »

It is unquestionably a better looking and more modern car than the current Q3, one cannot argue against that. It will be very interesting to see the comparison reviews when they arrive, it clearly is designed to match the XC40 - let's see if it does.

The comments around spec will probably ring true, to bring it to the correct comparison level....
nikonphotobro

Post by nikonphotobro »

pjm007 wrote: โ†‘Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:19 am Canโ€™t see any Swedish flag. Best avoided :)
:D love it ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‘
XC40 Momentum T4 AWD (Fusion Red) with Intellisafe Pro, Winter Pack, Reversing Camera, Tinted Windows, Power Tailgate and Android Auto ๐Ÿš˜
Girs76

Post by Girs76 »

Going by the pictures, the length in the relation to the height makes it look like a raised estate from some angles, an affliction which blighted the original X1. That being said, naff, oversized cheap looking grille aside, it's a good looking motor, if a little "busy' in places, both inside and out. I'd have to see the Q3 in the flesh, but the XC40 seems to be the cleaner, more striking design.
Dutchie01

Post by Dutchie01 »

i find it a big improvement on the old Q3. the design is much more balanced and it looks like a stylish premium vehicle. If specced with the electronic cockpit the interior is simply beautiful. Yes i see this as a serious competitor to the Xc40. Would i go for one? propably not as in my opinion the XC is more individual like nothing else on the road with influences of the defender and skoda yeti. The audi looks like a good executed compact audi and that does not do it for me. Will sell like hot cakes though..
simmo

Post by simmo »

Be careful Q2 and Q3 or any VWG that uses the 1.5 petrol engine see TRoc Forum real problem. loss power and Kangaroo. Serious issue when cold as well. Various fixs still ongoing as March this year.

Q2 Delivery to a relative suffers with the issue, see Scoda Seat all use this engine.
simmo

Post by simmo »

Taff wrote: โ†‘Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:44 pm I am changing from the Q3 to the XC40, it will be more expensive than the XC40 and not so well equipped as standard, plus you will have a similar wait as with the XC40.
Have had my fill of the VW/Audi brand after eleven years with them.
Taff you are very wise, long story VWG have real issues with the 1.5 Petrol engine across the board scoda seat Audi just started fitting the same engine, almost bought one till I investigated and cancelled, so Glad I did the xc40 leaves it in the shade great car.

See TRoc forum its frightening, As for my new XC40 inscription absolutely love it, the T Roc Forum saved me big time.
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Simmo, I followed the T-Roc and Skoda forums closely and thanks to that and your warnings on there I decided the VAG 1.5 engine was to much of a gamble and went for the XC40 instead. Don't regret it a bit but I still keep up with the latest T-roc developments as it's an interesting situation.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.