Additional factory capacity impacting yet?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Are the lead times beginning to shorten yet on the XC40? Sounded like factory capacity was going to be increased which ought to have had a knock on effect...but then demand might have risen to counterract it.

Anyone noticed any change?

Thanks BP
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019

Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Well I haven't as my orders slipped another month. Still not confident that date will hold with Volvo's performance so far
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Bob

Post by Bob »

Shaenei wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:23 pm Well I haven't as my orders slipped another month. Still not confident that date will hold with Volvo's performance so far
I see your delivery date has slipped by a week, when did Alan give you this update?
I spoke to him only last week and I was told it's currently 2nd October, and he was hoping it may come forward.

Bob
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Bob wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:10 pm
Shaenei wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:23 pm Well I haven't as my orders slipped another month. Still not confident that date will hold with Volvo's performance so far
I see your delivery date has slipped by a week, when did Alan give you this update?
I spoke to him only last week and I was told it's currently 2nd October, and he was hoping it may come forward.

Bob
1st sept was when I spoke to him last. We better get some discounts off some extras or freebies for our wait.

I would expect you to get your car first as you did order 2 weeks before me
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October