Dealer Issue!!!!!!!!!!

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
UnicornDave

Post by UnicornDave »

XC40Warwick wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:24 pm Assuming you paid some sort of deposit, you have a contract. You should remind the dealer of this fact and that you expect them to honour the terms otherwise you will need to seek legal advice. I expect they will reconsider their current approach.
Yes, a deposit was paid and therefore a binding contract exists. The terms and conditions of the order do permit an adjustment in the PX value, fair enough. The £1500 contribution issue I'm being told is down to it not being put on the system at the time - even though it is recorded on the vehicle order form. This is an error on there part which I am being asked to foot the bill for. Incredibly frustrating.

The dealer very quickly offered to refund my deposit which I immediately refused; I have waited over 6 months for the vehicle so why on earth would they think i would do that??
On order XC40 FE D4

Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Even p/x depreciation isn’t your fault if you have had to endure a lengthy wait for your car if the price on your order form dosnt state it’s subject to change then you have a written legal agreement in all areas it’s just another case of dealers treating us with distain thinking they can do as they please when in fact without customers spending their hard earned money they wouldn’t have a job in the first place
Black stone T5 FE 19” alloys collected 29 June
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Just some moral support from me in regard to the deposit contribution, if you have it on your order paperwork and paid a deposit you should be fine, fingers crossed.

As for my own personal experience with the Volvo dealer we used, they was spot on as regards to explaining the PX value, they gave me a currant valuation on my deposit invoice but noted this figure would decrease dependant on the currant value of the PX at the time of sale, this a very difficult issue for both the buyer and the dealer with such long lead times and the date changes the occur because of it.

Good luck with it and hope it turns out well for you.
XC40 2.0 T4 Inscription Pro AWD, Crystal White with Oxide Red Leather, Heated S/W, Intellisafe Pro, H K sound, Tempa Spare Wheel, Xenium Pack, Dark Windows,.

Part Exchange - Lexus RC300h F Sport, Sonic Red, 2017.
GemBar

Post by GemBar »

If it is on the order form then they will have to warrant it, I picked up my vehicle today and the dealer didn't say or change anything from my March order, My P/X stayed the same along with the dealer contribution, the only thing he changed was the settlement figure due to me paying more payments while waiting.

I was cheeky enough to ask him to throw in a boot mat due to the time I've had to wait and when I opened the boot it was in there.

I would like many others already have done and contact Volvo and ask to speak to the managing director, he's email address is I believe within the threads of the delivery date topic. Please also check your APR on your order as it has now change to 5.9% on the website and some people have been caught out by this.

I hope you can resolve your issues
XC40 T3 R Design | Winter Pack | Heated Rear Seats & Steering Wheel | Front Parking Sensors | Power Tailgate | Osmium Grey | Ordered Mid March for Delivery June / October / September | Now driving as from 14-09-18
UnicornDave

Post by UnicornDave »

Just to give you a quick update I picked up the car today. An email to Volvo resolved the £1500 deposit contribution issue. The PX value I got was reduced by £1700. Is what it is. Thank you all for your input.
On order XC40 FE D4