Dealer Issue!!!!!!!!!!

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
UnicornDave

Post by UnicornDave »

I went to my UK dealer today to 'finalise the paperwork' on my XC40 that has just arrived at there showroom.... Brilliant, I thought!

The deal I agreed on in late Feburary when I ordered apparently no longer applies.... I will not be getting the £1500 deposit contribution / 0% finance HP offered and recorded on my order. I will be getting much less money for my PX. All told they want me to pay nearly 4K more for the car........

Anyone else had a similar experience???
On order XC40 FE D4

Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

There’s is another thread somewhere covering this topic, sorry not sure where, but I know others myself included had similar issues, my dealer just contacted Volvo I assume ( never asked ) and got the deal amended back to the original low rate and contribution. Did you have a copy of the original deal, if so you should have a chance, if not hmmm you might struggle. Good luck.
T5 First edition Crystal White
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Delay isn't your fault. If you've signed paperwork with the deal stated then they're duty bound to honour it
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
UnicornDave

Post by UnicornDave »

Thank you for the reply. I have the sales invoice with the deal written on it by the salesman. I ordered on launch weekend 25/02. The dealer is located in Leeds and has apparently changed all staff since then! If you don’t mind Michael could you pm me your dealer and contact name there so I can get some advice from a dealer that has resolved a similar problem?
On order XC40 FE D4
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

Best of luck sorting this, keep us posted and let's hope common sense prevails!
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D
XC40Warwick

Post by XC40Warwick »

Assuming you paid some sort of deposit, you have a contract. You should remind the dealer of this fact and that you expect them to honour the terms otherwise you will need to seek legal advice. I expect they will reconsider their current approach.
XC40 FE D4 Crystal White 20" with LAVA
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

XC40Warwick wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:24 pm Assuming you paid some sort of deposit, you have a contract. You should remind the dealer of this fact and that you expect them to honour the terms otherwise you will need to seek legal advice. I expect they will reconsider their current approach.
I’m not sure that you necessarily have needed to have paid a deposit. If the details of the deal have been written down, consideration by both parties has been given, and the act of putting the car into production shows intent to proceed under that contract.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

After such a long delivery delay I can see Dealers having an issue over PX depreciation and reneging on this part of the deal.
The rest of the contract should be straight forward, especially the £1500 HP contribution from Volvo.
With problems other than PX I would contact the Managing Director of Volvo UK or Volvo Customer Care.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FE | D4 | AWD | 20" Wheels | Crystal White | Charcoal | Ordered 14th March | ETA 9th October ? | Polestar Ordered
Last edited by Julian B on Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
UnicornDave

Post by UnicornDave »

Julian B wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:10 am After such a long delivery delay I can see Dealers having an issue over PX depreciation and reneging on this part of the deal.
The rest of the contract should be straight forward, especially the £1500 HP contribution from Volvo.
With problems other than PX I would contact the Managing Director of Volvo UK or Volvo Customer Care.
It would be interesting to know the UK location of your Volvo Dealer ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FE | D4 | AWD | 20" Wheels | Crystal White | Charcoal | Ordered 14th March | ETA 9th October ? | Polestar Ordered
Thank you all for the replies.... as you have seen I'm new to the forum and very grateful for all your comments!!! I have emailed Jon Wakefield about the issues last night and await his response. I'm of a similar opinion regarding the PX and stated I'm willing to meet them half way. The dealer is in Leeds, I think you can work out who they are!
On order XC40 FE D4
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

UnicornDave wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:46 am
Thank you all for the replies.... as you have seen I'm new to the forum and very grateful for all your comments!!! I have emailed Jon Wakefield about the issues last night and await his response. I'm of a similar opinion regarding the PX and stated I'm willing to meet them half way. The dealer is in Leeds, I think you can work out who they are!
Old lurker here. This is exactly what happened to me on collection of one of the very first (if not the first) FEs back in early March. In that case the Volvo finance contribution (Santander) had reduced from my original £2750 agreed in December 2017 to £1500. I stood firm and the dealer had to manipulate paperwork right there and then and effectively discount the car further (ie they increased the dealer contribution) to balance the numbers. My advice would be to stay resolute and not compromise in any way. Not your problem.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o