USB Ports

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
patdo

Post by patdo »

Hello,
An adapter "type c" available on aliexpress
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/Type-C-A ... 6c37SgStVx

Type-C-Adaptateur-Type-C-USB-3-0-OTG-C-ble-Adaptateur-Type-C-convertisseur-pour.jpg_50x50.jpg

hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Jibers wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:58 pm So, has anyone found a converter for the back USB-c port to dual standard usb that works well?
Get my new FE tomorrow and I know the usb-c is going to be the first issue the kids have.
I’ve got some of these for my MacBook Pro.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07C ... b_pd_title

I’m glad to see more USB-C ports! I don’t think 15W will be enough to even trickle charge a MacBook Pro, but might just charge a MacBook.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
Jibers

Post by Jibers »

Hmm. I’m just a bit worried these will stick out a bit far and the kids will knock against it, snapping that adapter and breaking the usb-c port at the same time.
1 Year In :D - FE AWD D4 bright silver, 20”, Lava, Apple Car Play. Loving it!
WilliamTM

Post by WilliamTM »

This might be a better option: https://www.anker.com/products/variant/ ... r/A8165011

Probably a wee bit less likely to break if there’s not an inflexible adaptor sticking out, and Anker’s cables are generally really good (I’ve bought several Lightning cables from them and they’re way better than Apple’s ones).

Or, don’t bother with an adaptor and just get a proper cable - you can get USB-C to Lightning cables (for iPhone/iPad), and I’m sure there’s similar for Android devices too.
XC40 Momentum Pro · T3 Manual
614 Ice White · 18" 5 Spoke Alloy Wheels · R300 Charcoal · Xenium Pack · Intellisafe Surround Pack · Power Operated Tailgate · Power Passenger Seat · Smartphone Integration · Towbar
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

What about this cable, right angled to help protect it from knocks etc

XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Jibers

Post by Jibers »

I think your right WilliamTM. Just getting a Usbc to lightning might be the best option in the end. Would have liked a dual usb option in the back. But, hay Ho.
WilliamTM

Post by WilliamTM »

I'm still not entirely sure why they did the USB ports as they did - they should have either done them all as USB-C or just the front one as USB-C.

I'd hazard a guess that most of the time the driver will have the newer phone with USB-C and the kids in the back will have older tablets or whatever with USB-A ports...so doing it the way they've done seems odd. :?
XC40 Momentum Pro · T3 Manual
614 Ice White · 18" 5 Spoke Alloy Wheels · R300 Charcoal · Xenium Pack · Intellisafe Surround Pack · Power Operated Tailgate · Power Passenger Seat · Smartphone Integration · Towbar
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

WilliamTM wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:59 pm I'm still not entirely sure why they did the USB ports as they did - they should have either done them all as USB-C or just the front one as USB-C.

I'd hazard a guess that most of the time the driver will have the newer phone with USB-C and the kids in the back will have older tablets or whatever with USB-A ports...so doing it the way they've done seems odd. :?
I agree with you there! Does seem a funny way around.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
Jibers

Post by Jibers »

I’ve just gone for one of these from amazon. Should please the kids. Usbc to dual usb converter. Only challenge is the delivery is 1 month from china.

327F5B60-6119-4673-9011-D9DACAB46343.png