Voice Commands

The place to discuss everything else..
Roader

Post by Roader »

Hi,
Has any of you that are fortunate to have taken delivery used the voice commands to control things such as temperature and satnav etc. If so how easy is it to use and learn the commands.
Just thinking of things while I wait for delivery of mine hopefully in October.

allroad

Post by allroad »

i see there is a new update out for this by the way
XC 40 FE FUSION RED D4 19" HL WASHERS TOW BAR LISBURN N.IRELAND...Now Polestarred !
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

Roader wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:08 pm Hi,
Has any of you that are fortunate to have taken delivery used the voice commands to control things such as temperature and satnav etc. If so how easy is it to use and learn the commands.
Just thinking of things while I wait for delivery of mine hopefully in October.
I used the voice controls on my test drive, they work pretty well but they are a little slow when using it for the sat nav.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

q3billy wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:10 pm I used the voice controls on my test drive, they work pretty well but they are a little slow when using it for the sat nav.
Do the voice commands work for postcodes? It's the most annoying thing about Siri's maps - that it doesn't.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
andygou

Post by andygou »

hdasmith wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:19 pm
q3billy wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:10 pm I used the voice controls on my test drive, they work pretty well but they are a little slow when using it for the sat nav.
Do the voice commands work for postcodes? It's the most annoying thing about Siri's maps - that it doesn't.
Yes, voice commands for postcodes work well, for me, anyway.
T5 FE Bursting Blue, 19" wheels, no headlamp cleaning. Ordered 24 February, arrived at dealer 25 April, delivered 30 April.
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Excellent!
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

hdasmith wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:19 pm
It does work for port codes but you have to say it clearly and it's slow. I don't ever use a sat nav so it won't bother me but I wouldn't have bought a car now without one.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
AngusW

Post by AngusW »

Very impressed with the XC40's voice command feature. I have an accent and basically gave up on all my other cars as the struggled to work out what I was saying. I can now read out full addresses to the sat nav & whilst it not always 100% it always hits the mark on the displayed list.
simmo

Post by simmo »

AngusW wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:55 am Very impressed with the XC40's voice command feature. I have an accent and basically gave up on all my other cars as the struggled to work out what I was saying. I can now read out full addresses to the sat nav & whilst it not always 100% it always hits the mark on the displayed list.
Hi just got my xc40 Inscription, really impressed love the car, only glitch is voice button could be me ? push it and dont always s get a reply when I do I say climate to hot Alexa will ask me post code I wonder if its me ! wrong command.

The other thing there are two clip retainers on the top of the dash, I think these might be for sun screen ? any ideas.

Many Thanks
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

All the above is good to hear. In my previous car, a Mini JCW, it had voice control for the phone only. Simple enough I thought, what can go wrong? Lots apparently!!
We got fed up in the end. After many attempts at ‘Call Rob Work’ and getting ‘Calling Lynne Smith’ !!!!
Then ‘Call Mum’ and getting ‘Calling Mark Crawley’!!!
We just didn’t use it anymore.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.