Jean Bleed

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Not sure if anyone will have a car with light enough seats, or time to see yet, but talking to the sales team for Volvo at the Great Yorkshire Show yesterday, I mentioned I’ve got one on order with an Amber interior. One thing that was mentioned was that jeans, especially indigo ones, can bleed into the leather, and should sit on a towel until after the first few washes.

Does anyone have any experience of that? It didn’t happen on my old Golf with a very similar colour interior. Apparently it’s the choice of a soft nappa leather in the Inscription models.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018

David56

Post by David56 »

Easy answer, just don't wear jeans....wear PVC or rubber trousers like me!
(Did I say that out loud!!)
First Edition T5 in Fusion Red with 20" Alloys.
Now Sold
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

David56 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:10 am Easy answer, just don't wear jeans....wear PVC or rubber trousers like me!
(Did I say that out loud!!)
:lol: Thanks David, now just need to find a shop that would sell such things. I don't think I've seen them in Crew!

I'll just have to live in chinos for the time I've got the car I guess.
Ordered 11th May 2018
Mogbat975

Post by Mogbat975 »

I can only imagine it's similar to sofas. I was told the same when we had our leather amber coloured sofa from Sociology. Don't sit on it with new jeans as the dye in the jeans can stain.
Morten

Post by Morten »

I did have this problem in my old V60, and is one of the reasons I went for black seats on the XC40.

You can remove some of it with the Volvo leather cleaning kit.

Br Morten
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Morten wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:19 am I did have this problem in my old V60, and is one of the reasons I went for black seats on the XC40.

You can remove some of it with the Volvo leather cleaning kit.

Br Morten
Thanks Morten, I might have to get some to have at hand should it happen.
Ordered 11th May 2018
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

hdasmith wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:59 am Not sure if anyone will have a car with light enough seats, or time to see yet, but talking to the sales team for Volvo at the Great Yorkshire Show yesterday, I mentioned I’ve got one on order with an Amber interior. One thing that was mentioned was that jeans, especially indigo ones, can bleed into the leather, and should sit on a towel until after the first few washes.

Does anyone have any experience of that? It didn’t happen on my old Golf with a very similar colour interior. Apparently it’s the choice of a soft nappa leather in the Inscription models.
I had cream leather in my last car, a Focus Convertible... Even with the sun beating down on them all day the ink from the jeans never bled onto the seats and I wear jeans a lot of the time. Then again, it never cracked, never stretched, never tore even after 170,000 miles so maybe Ford just used really good materials for their seats.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

q3billy wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:46 am I had cream leather in my last car, a Focus Convertible... Even with the sun beating down on them all day the ink from the jeans never bled onto the seats and I wear jeans a lot of the time. Then again, it never cracked, never stretched, never tore even after 170,000 miles so maybe Ford just used really good materials for their seats.
Thanks q3billy, I didn't ever have problems with my old Golf with tan leather. I'm hoping this is just them being cautious.
Ordered 11th May 2018