Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Stuzuki

Post by Stuzuki »

Hello, been reading these posts for weeks but just registered.
I ordered mine (R design Osmium Grey T5 Lava carpets and pano roof) back in march for PCH knowing 4 months should give plenty of time and was assured I would be OK for July to suit return of my current car - now next week :(
At present I don't even have a build date let alone a delivery date.
Almost cancelled two weeks ago but dealer has offered lend of a V90 XC for aforthcoming UK trip mid July then on return a V40 on cheap lease until the XC40 arrives.
Still erring on cancelling but just cant find anything else similar with petrol engine and pano roofed that also doesn't need ordering. i just keep telling myself the T5 will be worth the wait. Its just the lack of any information to things actually moving with it are most annoying.

McToddy

Post by McToddy »

Mezzo wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:38 pm eta just changed from July to October but then as an afterthought written.....however this could be subject to change
Jeez sloppy or what
Hi Mezzo

When did you order your car?
FE T5 Bursting Blue, Arrived 19th July ordered 15th Jan :D
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Stuzuki wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:52 am Its just the lack of any information to things actually moving with it are most annoying.
This seems to be the most common complaint. Communication from dealers seems to be very poor in many cases. I think in this XC40 situation where things are known to be delayed and dates are shifting, then a regular email from sales would be a huge relationship-booster, even if it's just to say that a previously stated date is still on track.

With a more 'normal' 2-3 month wait for a new build car, less comms is understandable, as there's not much of a time gap between order and the rush of comms in the weeks prior to handover. But when the wait is 9, 10, 11 months, that's a long period for the customer to be left hanging from the time they pay their deposit.

Its definitely a factor that has affected my anticipation of the new car. I can only hope that the ownership experience is better than the buying experience!
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
Mezzo

Post by Mezzo »

McToddy wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:11 pm
Mezzo wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:38 pm eta just changed from July to October but then as an afterthought written.....however this could be subject to change
Jeez sloppy or what
Hi Mezzo

When did you order your car?
March
Mezzo

Post by Mezzo »

March will b 8 months Oct if don’t cancel
NCRD2806

Post by NCRD2806 »

Just had my order for a Volvo XC40 T3 R-Design Pro rejected by the factory after the dealership took order, deposit and completed finance paperwork.

Told Volvo set to make an announcement regarding rejected orders. Seems quite a few are being rejected and these seem to be the T3 manual.

Wondering if they are about to cancel the T3. Many overseas markets only sell T4 and T5.
NCRD2806

Post by NCRD2806 »

Update to my earlier post...

Spoke to Volvo Customer relations

T3 is only going to be available in Momentum trim only so no more XC40 T3 R-Design.

I’ve got to start over on my order. No idea when delivery will be!
chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

NCRD2806 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:12 pm Update to my earlier post...

Spoke to Volvo Customer relations

T3 is only going to be available in Momentum trim only so no more XC40 T3 R-Design.

I’ve got to start over on my order. No idea when delivery will be!
wow. just wow.
MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018
MichelR

Post by MichelR »

Know that already for a while that they stopped with the T3 in the R-Design.
Reason is they want the R-Design to be a sporty car and the T3 does not fit this bill.

In my country it's already for a while that you can not order the R-Design in combination with the T3.
But here are no orders cancelled so far I know at least not on the volvo-forum.nl
Some have already received there T3 R-Design.

If you got a T3 R-Design it will a unique car.. :)
Ordered a XC40 T4 R-Design in Bursting Blue.. Supposed to get he car in mid May but delayed. Will be build on 10th of September
mrwinch

Post by mrwinch »

Also in Italy, from the end of april we cannot order D3 and T3 R-Design.
Italian XC40 Inscription T3 - Maple Brown: order at the end of april '18, waiting for november '18...