3 month check up

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
senwar

Post by senwar »

Being my first volvo, I'm not familiar with this (Something my dad has mentioned to me previously).

Is this standard across the range? Should I be looking at having one on mine (coming up to 7 weeks old, so getting there).

Nothing was mentioned to me during order or pickup so just keen to understand before going to the dealer.
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Don't have the service book in front of me - but pretty sure it's in there - and it's free (or should be)

It's a chance for them to spot any run in issues, update software, tighten anything that needs to be tightened, etc, and an opportunity to ask any remaining questions. And get the car washed/valeted?

So provided it's not inconvenient timewise - why not take it up?
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
senwar

Post by senwar »

Boomer wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:15 am Don't have the service book in front of me - but pretty sure it's in there - and it's free (or should be)

It's a chance for them to spot any run in issues, update software, tighten anything that needs to be tightened, etc, and an opportunity to ask any remaining questions. And get the car washed/valeted?

So provided it's not inconvenient timewise - why not take it up?
I will take it up - certainly. I've had cars before with running in services.

Funnily enough, I'd read the service book and didn't see anything about the 3 month service. However, just read it again and can see its one of the ones listed in the book stamp area (but can't see a mention of it anywhere else).

Would have expected it to have been mentioned to me that's all - but at least I know its there, so I'll book something in due course.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Guess it varies by dealer but mine had it as a tick box exercise to introduce me to the service manager and as prompt to book in the 3 monther. As it was the service team had gone for the day! So booked later.
Last edited by Boomer on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Mine’s booked in for Wednesday. It’s in the service book, it’s optional, but I got the impression that dealer’s generally would prefer it if you didn’t bother. I’m going to use it to get 2/3 little niggles and queries sorted out. There may be a general software update due also.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Seems to be a growing thing for regular (free check up). Had it on the last audi as well. In fact my audi service lady said bring it in as often as I liked - they'll check it over - no charge. Hardily took it up as just seemed an opportunity to on-sell - especially once outside warranty period.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Had it today. Painless and interest free :D . Few little niggles sorted and queries answered. They also carried out some recommended procedure to improve NOx something or other. Didn't catch the detail and wouldn't have understood it anyhow.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
early adopter

Post by early adopter »

So do you get a stamp in the book?
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

early adopter wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:20 pm So do you get a stamp in the book?
Well yes - you should, there’s a place for it - but my dealer omitted to stamp it today. Will get it retro-stamped!
senwar

Post by senwar »

How long did it take pjm?