Ordered through broker, but not finalised Colour. wheels and interior

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Famandy

Post by Famandy »

Crikey considering there are no factory options, per se, to decide on, I am finding the final decision making process extremely difficult for my forthcoming T5 petrol FE XC40 which I am really excited about!

So short list as follows:

i) Black Stone: with 19" wheels and maybe Lava interior, but replace orange mats with fitted Volvo black rubber mats which I think will mellow the look, but still maintain some contrast. I think all black exterior gives a very stealthy look, but my other half thinks it looks old fashioned and gangster-ish!

ii) Crystal White and for some reason can't decide on wheels, but tending to go towards 19" though could easily choose the 20". However not so sure about the Lava Orange interior with white exterior, so would stick with charcoal if I go for the white exterior.

Have ordered through DtD (2nd car I've ordered through them) though just noticed that UK Car Discount are offering over £6k discount on FE, but no PCP or free servicing, so probably stick with DtD.

Looking forward to contributing to the Forum
Crystal White/Charcoal T5 MY19 FE 19" alloys (my choice!) with confirmed headlamp washers - delivery in June - ordered mid-February via broker

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Two thoughts. 1) May be best to check out the Lava carpet look in the flesh before confirming. Cars in showrooms from Thursday 22nd. 2) 20” wheels have been on longer lead time than 19”. Check if that’s still the case if relevant to you.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Famandy

Post by Famandy »

Thanks - yes good advice re the Lava Orange and I'm hoping to make it to the launch event at our local dealer in York on Thursday. My gut feeling is to go for the slightly simpler 19" wheel design and have cheaper tyres to replace in due course, though the ride quality from all the road tests I've read, doesn't seem to be too adversely affected.
Crystal White/Charcoal T5 MY19 FE 19" alloys (my choice!) with confirmed headlamp washers - delivery in June - ordered mid-February via broker
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Famandy wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:07 am .....am finding the final decision making process extremely difficult.....
Tell me about it. It doesn’t get easier. I was having a major wobbler yesterday about the colour.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Famandy

Post by Famandy »

I know exactly what you mean Boomer - I think Crystal White is the way to go and will wear much better than solid Black Stone - shame that the metallic Onyx Black isn't available, even though my dealer said it was and told me to specify it instead of Black Stone as all metallics was free for the FE model - I had to put him right of course!

Think I may go for the 19" wheels - supposed to be ringing my dealer tomorrow with final choices......................arghhhhh doing my head in!!!
Bob

Post by Bob »

Famandy wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:07 am
Have ordered through DtD (2nd car I've ordered through them) though just noticed that UK Car Discount are offering over £6k discount on FE, but no PCP or free servicing, so probably stick with DtD.
Which dealer (through DtD) are supplying the car?

Cheers

Bob
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

My dealer said (but it was based on other models) that there was not much difference in ride between 19 and 20 “ with volvo’s so went with those I liked the look of. Good luck in making your decision.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
jd40

Post by jd40 »

Some good deals from brokers. I found the best quote I could, e mailed it to my local dealer and he matched it. Job done.
XC40 T5 First Edition, 20inch wheels, fusion red, charcoal
Mukesh

Post by Mukesh »

I also went to my local dealers in Dec and ordered the FE , T5 with all the bells and whistles . When I showed them what the other dealers in the CARWOW web site had offered me for the same exact spec , my local dealership matched the cheapest quote .
XC40. T5. FE. Bright silver / lava interior / 20 inch alloys. Delivered 13th April .