Car Cover

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ChrisS777

Post by ChrisS777 »

Hi all,
while waiting for my car to arrive (early September) , i was wondering if anyone found a car cover suitable for XC40 and has any comments.

I browsed thet net and there seem to be some but i trust this forum more :)

Thanks
Chris

David56

Post by David56 »

Each to their own of course but personally I would never use a cover, can easily blemish the paintwork etc etc.
First Edition T5 in Fusion Red with 20" Alloys.
Now Sold
User2506

Post by User2506 »

David56 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:28 pm Each to their own of course but personally I would never use a cover, can easily blemish the paintwork etc etc.
Ditto, Perhaps a quality cover in a garage would be OK, I'd be worried about a cover outside that could easily rub against paintwork.
FE D4 AWD Auto Crystal White. Interior Black Leather Buck Suede. Extras: Dog Guard, Boot Mat. Picked up 2nd June.
ChrisS777

Post by ChrisS777 »

Thanks for the advices,
I never used a cover before but reading the thread of "Paint defect at the roof panel", got me a bit worried so I thought a cover may help.
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Likely to do far more damage ........ Bottom line is to remove bird poo as quickly as possible - Water based paint is far more intolerant to the stuff...
T5: Crystal White: 1st Edition: 20" Wheels: Lava Orange: Rubber Mats: Tow-bar: Proud owner since early April :D
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Does anybody know if any of the paintwork protection treatments offered by dealers affords any better protection against 'avian deposits'?
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
senwar

Post by senwar »

ChrisS777 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:50 pm Thanks for the advices,
I never used a cover before but reading the thread of "Paint defect at the roof panel", got me a bit worried so I thought a cover may help.
Then you’d have to drive with it on...

As I’m sure birds don’t just crap on parked cars.

Sorry for being flippant but if that’s the reason then you’re honestly wasting your money.
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
User2506

Post by User2506 »

balmoral wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:05 pm Does anybody know if any of the paintwork protection treatments offered by dealers affords any better protection against 'avian deposits'?
I'd forget the gimmicky snake oil protection treatments sold far and wide, been there, done that, paid good money for effectively little difference and in some cases having the pain of having to top up the treatment. I would recommend a really good wax, that way you got extra protection and the bird poo won't stick so easily.
FE D4 AWD Auto Crystal White. Interior Black Leather Buck Suede. Extras: Dog Guard, Boot Mat. Picked up 2nd June.
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Anyone know if these 9H ceramic coatings are worth while?

The advertisements claim they're like having a waxed car that lasts for roughly 20k miles. Currently skeptical of that claim

Like this one for example
https://www.monzacarcare.com/shop/wheel ... nt-bundle/
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October