Rubber Swedish Flag

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Chrsmi

Post by Chrsmi »

AlexK wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:32 am
It's been suggested that Volvo might look at producing it as an accessory, so if you want one I'd recommend you mention it to your dealer - as I will be - in the hope it gets fed back to Volvo.

Having said that, I'd be surprised if some enterprising Chinese ebay seller doesn't knock a few up at some point...
If anyone has one and lets me have a look, my day job is as a promotional merchandise distributor, so I work with importers who have soft PVC factories in the Far East. Just need to work out the measurements and how it's fixed - the minimum order is only 100 or so...
D4 First Edition | Fusion Red, 19" Alloys | Estimated Delivery: Late June/Early July
Switching from: Seat Leon

varavital

Post by varavital »

For those who are interested, thx to Ben from the Dutch Volvo forum:

The flag that could only be seen on the INTRO series of the XC40 will soon be available for purchase in the webshop.

http://www.swedish-connection.nl/nl/bad ... ber-detail
The road is more important than the destination.
User2506

Post by User2506 »

I notice there is also a cotton Swedish flag tag on the side stitching of our leather/nubuck front seats. I assume others have these with similar seats.
FE D4 AWD Auto Crystal White. Interior Black Leather Buck Suede. Extras: Dog Guard, Boot Mat. Picked up 2nd June.
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:03 pm I notice there is also a cotton Swedish flag tag on the side stitching of our leather/nubuck front seats. I assume others have these with similar seats.
I have that on my drivers seat only
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
Morten

Post by Morten »

I have a FE momentum, as part of the FE equipment it have leather seats, it also have the flag on the right seat.

I have Swedish cloths, they also often have the flag, look at fjallraven. The Norwigans also sometimes put a flag on there cloths.

In Denmark where I live we don’t do it, hence it is not a complete Scandinavian thing, but close :D

Br Morten
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Morten wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:36 am I have a FE momentum, as part of the FE equipment it have leather seats, it also have the flag on the right seat.

Br Morten

That’s a new combination Morten. What does an FE Momentum have in addition to the base car?
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

I noticed on the demo car that I had for a couple of days, the flag was a sticker that was in the service book holder in the glove box to be stuck on by the showroom/owner. Those that want it, but haven't had it, might want to check to see if there's one hiding in there.

I do think it's a nice touch, and for the cost of manufacturing them, I'm a bit surprised they're not just included as with the demo car for people to attach if they want.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
Morten

Post by Morten »

pjm007 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:11 am
Morten wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:36 am I have a FE momentum, as part of the FE equipment it have leather seats, it also have the flag on the right seat.

Br Morten

That’s a new combination Morten. What does an FE Momentum have in addition to the base car?
In Denmark there where two versions of the first edition, an R design and a momentum. Both cars had a lot of extras, and to a reduced cost, if I where to configure my model will it cost me around 30.000gbp more than I paid. It basically have the insription equipment, except the visual details. As I told in a different thread are cars crazy expensive here.

I also believe that a momentum in uk is not the same as in Denmark

On Facebook Volvo Denmark stated that the 300 first edition models where sold really fast, I am just glad that I got one...

Also, here we called them First Mover :)
Marketry

Post by Marketry »

Danes OK driving around with the Swedish flag?
T5 White - 19 inchers for sanity not vanity
Morten

Post by Morten »

We have cheaper and better beers, so it’s ok :D