R Design or Inscription?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
chadwell10

Post by chadwell10 »

Hi everyone, I have on order an R Design since the end of March, but like everyone else I still have no idea when I will actually get the car. Having seen some of the pictures uploaded by forum members, I could be easily persuaded to go for an Inscription, if there was a chance of getting it sooner than the R Design.

Does anyone have any intelligence that would suggest that if I were to switch to a Inscription that I would get it any sooner; or would I go to the back of a very long queue?
T3 FWD Inscription Pro |Onyx Black | Winter Pack | Intellisafe Surround | 360 Cameras

KentishWelsh

Post by KentishWelsh »

I can only speak for my own experience, but I switched and went from October delivery on R design to June on Inscription. This was about 4-6 weeks ago now.

I’d flagged to the dealer I was open to switching and I think he put a second order in the system to check on dates. We played with the options and found that a D4 Inscription was much quicker than R Design, but T4 was just as delayed.

I guess that means you might get lucky, or things might have changed by now, but probably worth seeing what your dealer can do.
D4 Inscription
Brandyman

Post by Brandyman »

I too switched to Inscription after being told R Design would be first quarter 2019.

Ordered April 27thl, been told it will be at the dealers June 24th.
XC40 D4 Inscription. Onyx Black, Winter Pack, 360 degree Camera, Sensus Connect Premium Sound
Arrived July 4th :)
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Looking at your spec, I think the engine might be a problem too. I’ve got a D3 FWD Inscription Pro on order, and have a delivery date of late October/November. I ordered early May. I think the D4 engines are on a quicker delivery date. Unfortunately, I can’t have the D4 thanks to company rules (<130g/km).
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
chadwell10

Post by chadwell10 »

Thanks for the advice, I will give my dealer a call and let you know how I get on.
T3 FWD Inscription Pro |Onyx Black | Winter Pack | Intellisafe Surround | 360 Cameras
chadwell10

Post by chadwell10 »

Ok, I approached my dealer and spec'd an Inscription as they said that I might get it earlier.

Unfortunately rather than simply 'edit' my order by changing the R Design and its options to an Inscription with similar (but not the same) options, in Volvo's eyes this is treated as a new order rather than an amendment (even if you only change the colour of the paint). Because of this I would lose the £500 Volvo PCP contribution (as this is not part of the Q2 finance package) and would go to the back of the queue.

So I am sticking with the R Design - not really a bad choice; except that I am no closer to the top of the queue.