Pre-Conditioning & the mystery of the Parking Heater

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

I also think the marketing has misrepresented this.. I thought as I'd bought the auto that in winter I'd have a toasty warm defrosted car set to a timer each day.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)

MichelR

Post by MichelR »

Ordered a XC40 T4 R-Design in Bursting Blue.. Supposed to get he car in mid May but delayed. Will be build on 10th of September
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

MichelR wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:22 pm For fusebox see online Manual
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/ca ... 2019-18w17

Parking heater
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/ca ... 2019-18w17

Thanks Michel, but - the fuse box info in the manual isn’t sufficient to help anyone actually find it, and the PH page is only useful if you have got one installed in your car!
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

Also if you had a parking heater you would find you have warning labels usually by the fuel filler cap to ensure heater is off during refueling ect. Deffinatly not an option in the UK at this point in time.

As mentioned fuel driven heaters are quite noisy and do produce smoke at times, they also have their own exhaust, deffinatly not something easily missed.

I have one installed on my works Defender and it is a god send on winter days, especially as the engine fails to get even remotely luke warm!

Remote starts work just fine for pre warming on the 40 though!
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!
Gherd

Post by Gherd »

Engine electric heater is an accessory available for very cold climate like Scandinavia, RUSSIA, Northen China, Alaska and Canada.

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-ca ... 10965/2019
Balooney

Post by Balooney »

Official response from Volvo UK...... (Which is a load of rubbish as no T8 hybrid exists!!)

‘We would like to advise that Auxiliary Heaters are only fitted to our T8 hybrid vehicles. This is therefore not something that can be retrospectively added to your vehicle.’
XC40 T4 R Design AWD Automatic On the road since 07/2018
Gherd

Post by Gherd »

I can confirm you that the heater here in Italy is an accessory available after market from Volvo but is not compatible with UK market cars

https://accessories.volvocars.com/it-it ... 10965/2018
xc40nz

Post by xc40nz »

MrParkson wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:35 am Also if you had a parking heater you would find you have warning labels usually by the fuel filler cap to ensure heater is off during refueling ect. Deffinatly not an option in the UK at this point in time.
Gherd wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:54 pm Engine electric heater is an accessory available for very cold climate like Scandinavia, RUSSIA, Northen China, Alaska and Canada.
Parking heater's available here in NZ, where it's not as cold as Alaska or Canada. Haven't used it yet, as it's still summer here. Shall find out in the winter. No Volvo OnCall here though :cry:

aux-heater1.jpg

aux-heater2.jpg

T4 Inscription + all options + sport pedals ;)
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

Hi

Just got my new 2019 Xc40 and having the same fun with working out what I think is called preconditioning - (sorry if I’m going over old ground...) all I would like to do is warm the car inside on cold mornings prior to driving .. do I need to set timers etc or just activate the remote start from the VOC assuming that will start the car with the last known heating / heated seat temp levels..?

Thanks guys

ML
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

Moonlight wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:37 pm Hi

Just got my new 2019 Xc40 and having the same fun with working out what I think is called preconditioning - (sorry if I’m going over old ground...) all I would like to do is warm the car inside on cold mornings prior to driving .. do I need to set timers etc or just activate the remote start from the VOC assuming that will start the car with the last known heating / heated seat temp levels..?

Thanks guys

ML
Hi
Has anyone got any thoughts on the above..? I would like to have a practice run prior to winter..!

Cheers

ML