Bristol port delay

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I thought I'd read somewhere that they'd closed another place down. I may be wrong though.

But if the problem is a lack of drivers/transporters I can't see how using another port will help?
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.

britishblue65

Post by britishblue65 »

Still awaiting delivery of my XC40 - ordered 11th Sept 23, built 21st Nov, shipped to Bristol 21st Feb release from port on transporter on the 11th March and still yet to be delivered.

Volvo are pushing the story that there are more delays at the port and shortage of transporters but that doesn’t match up with reality. My dealer is receiving delivery’s at least 3 times a week they have even taken delivery of a car only ordered in Dec built in Jan and delivered early March.

Reality is that Volvo are incapable of managing the distribution of their cars, to cap things off I received an email from Volvo yesterday to tell me that according to their system my car had been delivered to the deal, spoke to the deal and that was news to them, still no car.
ijkgenesis

Post by ijkgenesis »

Like you i'm awaiting an XC60 ordered same day as you (sept 11th) and being fobbed off with Bristol and no transporter drivers. Now due at dealer late April.. was wondering if you have been asked to pay your balance ? when do volvo request the balance. I received the email saying 'almost time to pay your balance' 3 weeks ago,
XC40 FE D4 Burstin Blue with 20 inch Wheels

XC60 T8 Ultimate ordered Sept 2023
britishblue65

Post by britishblue65 »

I was sent the invoice for balance start of March with a 5 day payment date, I refused to pay until my dealer has received the car which Volvo after some back and forth finally approved with confirmation by email.

Currently Volvo don’t know the whereabouts of my car as it left the port in Bristol on a transporter over 2 weeks ago
NewXC40driver

Post by NewXC40driver »

Finally took delivery of my XC40. Ordered on 2 December 2023 and collected today 27 March. It was definitely worth the wait. Hang on in there to those of you who are still waiting.
britishblue65

Post by britishblue65 »

Congrats, was it a stock car or factory built order
ijkgenesis

Post by ijkgenesis »

britishblue65 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:36 pm I was sent the invoice for balance start of March with a 5 day payment date, I refused to pay until my dealer has received the car which Volvo after some back and forth finally approved with confirmation by email.

Currently Volvo don’t know the whereabouts of my car as it left the port in Bristol on a transporter over 2 weeks ago
So near yet so far !!! A right shambles, must be a Chinese logistics system they use .........
XC40 FE D4 Burstin Blue with 20 inch Wheels

XC60 T8 Ultimate ordered Sept 2023
NewXC40driver

Post by NewXC40driver »

britishblue65 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 am Congrats, was it a stock car or factory built order
It was a factory built order. I could have ordered a stock car and took delivery within 4 weeks however I held out for the new model as it included the climate pack and reverse camera as standard.
Nighthawk1997

Post by Nighthawk1997 »

No idea where my car is going.

It got dispatched from zeebrudge on the 25th to Killingholme port. I have heard nothing. They say the car is still at sea but that’s clearly impossible as does not take 4 days to get to the UK.
Estimated delivery to dealer was 27th March which had been missed as they say they don’t know where the car is. Any advice on what to do?
britishblue65

Post by britishblue65 »

Well my car has finally arrived at the Volvo dealer, however not my dealer.

In true Volvo fashion they have managed to make another complete mess of the whole delivery process, unbelievable