solution for jerky braking?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
jeffersonlacosta

Post by jeffersonlacosta »

Has anyone found a solution for the jerky braking when coming to a complete stop? Like going from 3rd to 2nd gear it feels too hard, problem has been discussed many times but I couldn’t find a solution. It looks like it happens only with hybrid cars.

AldridgeAndy

Post by AldridgeAndy »

What year is your XC40 and what drivetrain do you have?

The dual clutch system can be more responsive but also a little more jerky if provoked, compared to the less responsive torque converter option.
2024 MY - Volvo XC40 B3 Plus Dark
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Have to say never had any jerkyness with my '21 B4, nor did I notice any with the '23 B4 I had as a loaner while my car was serviced and I did more than 90 miles over the time I had it.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
gedger

Post by gedger »

I wonder if you have some contamination on the discs / pads? Sometimes road oil/grime can manage to get on the discs, especially if you've waded through any deep water where the oil floats on the top.
2023 XC40 Plus B4 AWD 19" 360 BLIS Tow bar Fjord Blue
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

I had this problem initially but the first service updated the software which in turn seemed to fix the problem. My car is a 2020/1 model year so I would expect any vehicle that has gone through the dealer network in the last 2 years to have had this update.
Remember on the hybrids, the brakes are hardly ever used (I'm on 60k miles with 7mm still left on my pads)
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde
jeffersonlacosta

Post by jeffersonlacosta »

I actually have a v60 b4 with this problem and my car has had the latest updates, they re-calibrated the gearbox but it still does it. It’s not braking but definitely the gearbox.

I just bought the car but I’m already searching for answers on forums 😔 so sad about this. If someone reads this that has a solution please help. I can’t bring the car back.