OBD Port Lock?

For discussions on the Volvo XC40 Recharge Pure Electric
MetaWalker

Post by MetaWalker »

Watching this video, it looks like Relay Theft has moved on to not requiring the key?!

Does anyone have any experience with fitting and using any form of OBD Port security device?

percymon

Post by percymon »

If you search for Ford Fiesta ST videos on Youtube you'll find plenty of reference to OBD relocation / dummy OBD port kits, and also some DIY fixes such as fitting a metal guard over the socket itself (removable in a short time for servicing needs etc).

How relocating the OBD port to another location with non Volvo wiring would affect warranty is open for debate , and i've not seen many options for Volvos (less desirable ? or just less owners to sell kits to ?) - i suppose if the port is back where it should be for servicing needs it'd be fine

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... n&_sacat=0
AldridgeAndy

Post by AldridgeAndy »

I thought the two videos that have been published on the subject by that particular YouTube content creator were really good and informative, definitely worth a watch.

As for the ODBII port, if you start to add further interventions do the bad guys just smash up the interior of your car.

Personally a DiskLok and faraday pouches even though I have movement sensor keys are my preferred and easy approach.
2024 MY - Volvo XC40 B3 Plus Dark
MetaWalker

Post by MetaWalker »

AldridgeAndy wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:01 pm I thought the two videos that have been published on the subject by that particular YouTube content creator were really good and informative, definitely worth a watch.

As for the ODBII port, if you start to add further interventions do the bad guys just smash up the interior of your car.

Personally a DiskLok and faraday pouches even though I have movement sensor keys are my preferred and easy approach.
The sensor key and Faraday pouches won't make any difference with the newer "kits" which are now becoming available - the DiskLok may well be the best deterrent to stop anyone driving off with your car...though a copy of the key, via the OBD port, will just be shared...until you realise why things are just missing from your boot and glovebox on random days?! :o