Unlock Notification

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Itsme

Post by Itsme »

riskymoth wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:21 pm No luck here either - to note, it seems that you need to enable the push notification for security in the app - but still nothing.
Thanks for the tip wrt push notifications in the App, I've now enabled them and will see if the unlocked alert works. I shall report back later today.
Peter
XC40 Mild Hybrid (Early2023)

Bradders

Post by Bradders »

Well this is all a bit of a let down so far… latest app update applied several days ago (and since app notifying of the new feature), and latest car software applied today by the dealership at a service. I’ve just discovered that my car has been unlocked since I got home at 4pm this afternoon. Did I get an alert from the app… did I heck.
T3 R-Design, Fusion Red, Early 21 (hers). Fully loaded.
B4 Ultimate, Fjord Blue, Late 23 (mine).
Itsme

Post by Itsme »

Itsme wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:11 am
riskymoth wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:21 pm No luck here either - to note, it seems that you need to enable the push notification for security in the app - but still nothing.
Thanks for the tip wrt push notifications in the App, I've now enabled them and will see if the unlocked alert works. I shall report back later today.
Update I tried the unlock alert after enabling the push notifications. Car unlocked but I didn't receive an alert via the App!
Peter
JohnDavo

Post by JohnDavo »

The problem here for me is that this and all app functions rely on the car being connected to the internet.
Sadly my Internet connection is somewhat touch and go and still disappears now and then for some unknown reason.
The Google car is a big let down for me.
2023 XC40 2.0 B4 Plus Dark AWD Auto Thunder Grey
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Sitting in the car in a car park just got "Car Unlocked" notification!
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
igaren

Post by igaren »

Itsme wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:06 pm
Itsme wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:11 am
Update I tried the unlock alert after enabling the push notifications. Car unlocked but I didn't receive an alert via the App!

Peter, if notification still not working chat with Volvo via your apps and they will sort it out for you. Mine wasn't working and they instructed me how to reset and it worked.
Thanks
My23 XC40 Recharge Plus
Itsme

Post by Itsme »

Thanks for the tip about chatting to Volvo via the App. I had a chat with them earlier today. They suggested I do a reset on the infotainment system. Once I did that I deliberately left the car unlocked. Before I had chance to end the chat with the agent, I received an unlock alert.
Thanks again @igaren
Peter