What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
GRAF

Post by GRAF »

Another - that the battery symbol in the tacho, to the right of the gear indication, is not the 'phone battery (that seems not to be available in the XC40) but is the state (FCVO state) of the hybrid battery. And it shows the charging under braking too with blue chevrons.
2023 XC40 FWD B4 Ultimate in Vapour Grey

gedger

Post by gedger »

The battery symbol only shows when it's charging not the actual charge status.

I wish it would also show when the battery is being used.
2023 XC40 Plus B4 AWD 19" 360 BLIS Tow bar Fjord Blue
GRAF

Post by GRAF »

gedger wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:19 pm The battery symbol only shows when it's charging not the actual charge status.

Whereas I feel there’s more than enough distractions when driving already. I had a Corolla hybrid with the “energy display”. What a waste of time, concentrating on that to maximise fuel meant not concentrating on the road. Horses for courses.
2023 XC40 FWD B4 Ultimate in Vapour Grey
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

gedger wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:19 pm The battery symbol only shows when it's charging not the actual charge status.

That's what the little drop symbol at the top of the energy meter does.

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 16.53.06.png

XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

They are talking about mild-hybrids.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

2021 B4 headlamps. Now I've been driving the car for 3 years, both day and night, but only since the service a week ago I've noticed when switching between dip and main beam the main beam comes on and a second later the beams rise a few degrees. When going back to dip you see the beams also dropping down again. This is consistent every time.

Is it me, or has this changed with maybe a software update at service? The auto switching also seems quicker and less prone to occasional street lights fooling it.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Funnily enough I noticed something different with the lights when driving home on Saturday night so perhaps it is a result of the software update?
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Felindre wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:22 am 2021 B4 headlamps. Now I've been driving the car for 3 years, both day and night, but only since the service a week ago I've noticed when switching between dip and main beam the main beam comes on and a second later the beams rise a few degrees. When going back to dip you see the beams also dropping down again. This is consistent every time.

Is it me, or has this changed with maybe a software update at service? The auto switching also seems quicker and less prone to occasional street lights fooling it.
Volvo continues to improve the 6 years old Sensus OS on XC40. I noticed the same changes some moths ago after my 2020 T4 received a software update in service. The auto switching is better and headlamp rising a few degrees while main beam is on extended illumination distance.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Mine's watching/sensing me!

Was parked near a tree the other day and some debris dropped into the windscreen scuttle. Decided to clean it out today so lifted the bonnet. Whenever I lent over or near the engine things started clicking and activating now and then. Spooky!

gripross

Post by gripross »

ChrisLF wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:06 pm Mine's watching/sensing me!

Was parked near a tree the other day and some debris dropped into the windscreen scuttle. Decided to clean it out today so lifted the bonnet. Whenever I lent over or near the engine things started clicking and activating now and then. Spooky!
Mine does this a lot....and to be fair first noticed it on my sensus XC40 SO NOT NEW TO THE MY24 VEHICLES.
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery
Delivered 24th January 2024

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21