Is This a Good Way to Buy a Volvo

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
gripross

Post by gripross »

Thanks mate....the wait has taken the edge off it a bit but am loving the extra kit...the harmon kardon stereo is excellent although only had radio on so far. Used to have a usb stick in other car with loads of albums on it..but the new one is USB C so will have to get a new one. Might even have to get with the times and try spotify etc
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery
Delivered 24th January 2024

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21

Stovo

Post by Stovo »

Nah, don’t let the previous hassle take any edge of getting it, it’s there on you drive in all it’s glory. Looks terrific, love the colour with black detail. Enjoy!
gripross

Post by gripross »

Thanks Stovo.... i was sad to loose the R Design black roof but i do think the grey with the black bits and roof rails does work. and with the sunroof it does take up quite a big part of the roof.
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Bloomin' heck gripross I thought this day would never come! Brilliant news and great that you're liking it.

Keep us posted on how you find it.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
gripross

Post by gripross »

ChrisLF wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:32 pm Bloomin' heck gripross I thought this day would never come! Brilliant news and great that you're liking it.

Keep us posted on how you find it.

Chris
Cheers Chris… I thought it wouldn’t happen too but credit where it’s due to Sheffield Volvo area manager…. He did say last week he was embarrassed and that “I would get my car” got the pleasure of meeting him today to shake his hand. I’ll let you know how I manage with all the tech.

Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

Well done. I do like that colour. Enjoy
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
gripross

Post by gripross »

Cevoli21 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:26 am Well done. I do like that colour. Enjoy
Thank you… i was uncertain when ordering as hadn’t seen an ultimate in the grey but looks good. Seems darker when dark and a lighter colour in full sun if you get what I mean

gripross

Post by gripross »

So had car about 7 weeks now...Happy with the car so far except for a week or so now the brakes are squealing terribly. I've had the whooshing noise afew times but as others have mentioned it i know what that is when it does it....but this squealing is when i;m almost coming to a stop. Particulary when arriving home i pull into my cul de sac and slow down as i then reverse onto the drive and this is where i notice it more when slowing to a halt. Anyone else got this issue and if so was it just a trip to dealers as that will be my next action ...i left it this long thinking it would just be brakes bedding in but think we are passed this point and its staring to annoy me...a premium car wih noisey brakes on a quiet cul de sac isn't ideal when im arriving home off of nights at 5.00 am

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Was wondering how you were getting on with the new car. As you had a mild hybrid before I guess that you don't find the driving experience that much different? Did your previous car have Sensus? If so how are you finding AAOS?

As for the squealing brakes someone mentioned this on another thread so it can be an issue. Mine have been totally silent unlike with my my previous car which had the more common creaking/grumbling brakes when moving very slowly/coming to a halt.

I think they must have changed the compounds used for the rotors or pads or both but that brings it's own issues as they seem to rust more readily and stick on. I was worried about this being away for 4 weeks at a damp time of the year especially as I read on a Polestar forum some had had chunks of brake pad ripped off and stuck to the discs! Thankfully mine released fairly easily by "moving" forwards and backwards, unlike when just before going away and over one night they took some releasing with a loud crack. Totally goes against my mechanical sympathy.

I'm guessing those stuck at the docks must be protected with something?
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
gripross

Post by gripross »

Ye previous car was mild hybrid so prettty much the same but now have the dual clutch box as opposed to torque box but to be honest not a lot of difference. Previous car was sensus...which i loved for the ability to change the drivers display around...the AAOS has little customisation but i do think that the voice control of AAOS is far superior to the sensus. Was out somewhere unfamiliar last week and said "hi google navigate to Corton Wood" and it was so slick and efficient whereas sensus was a bit hit and miss. I have noticed the discs are rusty in appearance and now this doesn't seem ideal. I'll give it a little longer then book it in if no change