Internet via modem in AAOS cars

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Correct. But the internet is included for the first 4 years, so not all bad.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.

Drbhob

Post by Drbhob »

Really think I must have missed something, the internet connection comes with a hotspotdrive account and I have successfully registered using the car details, but can’t figure out how to connect to the hotspot.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

The Hotspotdrive account IS the cars internet connection provided by Deutsche Telekom. I assume your car is connected to the internet OK?

The service is called/branded Hotspotdrive which I think you are confusing with the function of an in-car Hot Spot.

If you read the blurb about the account it suggests that some manufacturers offer an in-car Hotspot with the account. As far as I can determine Volvo, at present, doesn't doesn't offer this function.

Maybe you could initiate a "chat" session with Volvo to confirm this?
Lincolnshire England.
Drbhob

Post by Drbhob »

Thanks for the tip, will try that.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Please post your findings
Lincolnshire England.
Drbhob

Post by Drbhob »

Had a chat session with Volvo, they don’t seem to know much about it as their instructions did not relate to my specific model, they’ve asked me to contact the dealer. I would have thought Volvo would know a bit more than the dealer? 😏
Drbhob

Post by Drbhob »

JFDIT wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:42 pm Please post your findings
Spoke to the dealer and you were right, the internet is only for the car and it’s apps, cannot be shared via hotspot, only good thing is I pay nothing for 3 years (well, I’m sure at £60k+ I’ve already paid for it through the nose 😅).
Still think it’s a bit ridiculous though, give me the option to use it as a hotspot, even if it means paying a little extra.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Drbhob wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:27 am
Still think it’s a bit ridiculous though, give me the option to use it as a hotspot, even if it means paying a little extra.
For installing a hotspot in the car, see my previous post in this thread.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B089ZFZK5L ... X0VNS162NJ