2021 XC40 Front Fog Lights

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Heliotaxis

Post by Heliotaxis »

Hello.

Anyone out there know if I can change the fog light bulbs to yellow bulbs?

I tried yellow film tint but wasn't pleased with the color intensity.

Thanks!

gedger

Post by gedger »

As far as I'm aware the Fog Lamp is a complete unit with no replaceable bulb so unless there's an orange variant available I would say no. Is it legal to change the colour as although it's not flashing could it then be confused with the indicator?
2023 XC40 Plus B4 AWD 19" 360 BLIS Tow bar Fjord Blue
percymon

Post by percymon »

I agree with gedger, the units on ebay suggest a complete unit.

Even French XC40s dont have yellow fogs, so you cant even look to other country specific units to fit. Whether volvo fit yellow in Japan i dont know, perhaps worth some research

Other options are film (Lamin-X which is perhaps what you've tried) or stained glass paint - Krylon do a yellow paint, perhaps not available in UK ?

Bright white LEDs are not the best in fog - another case of fashion trend over function
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Will a yellow fog light pass an MOT?
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Apparently White or Yellow fog lights are legal in the UK. But not sure if that applies if they have the "cornering" function. Or indeed the desirability of changing the colour.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Moss

Post by Moss »

percymon wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:32 pm I agree with gedger, the units on ebay suggest a complete unit.

Even French XC40s dont have yellow fogs, so you cant even look to other country specific units to fit. Whether volvo fit yellow in Japan i dont know, perhaps worth some research

Other options are film (Lamin-X which is perhaps what you've tried) or stained glass paint - Krylon do a yellow paint, perhaps not available in UK ?

Bright white LEDs are not the best in fog - another case of fashion trend over function
I confirm that. By the way, in France the front fog lights of a vehicle are legally white or yellow (Art. R313-8 du Code de la Route), but in real life nowadays, they’re almost always white.