Exclusive viewing event

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
jd40

Post by jd40 »

Anyone been invited to the exclusive viewing event tomorrow at Mottram Hall, Cheshire? Any feedback would be appreciated. Let us know if it's as good as the hype.
XC40 T5 First Edition, 20inch wheels, fusion red, charcoal

jd40

Post by jd40 »

No feedback? Looks like nobody on here went. I'll be going to the event at Hopetoun House Edinburgh on Saturday 10th. Will maybe see some of you there.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I saw at volvo UK back in December (I think others on here might have also been fortunate to do similar).

I assume these new events have the same format with a 1 hour slot (although 10 mins of slides first!) and then time to look over the vehicle. From memory about 10-12 people at a time - presentation set up might have allowed up to 16/18?

Volvo guys well informed/rehearsed and very attentive/helpful. It was all very relaxed. My overriding reflection was that it looked way nicer in the flesh. Few (small) personal niggles but no deal breakers. Stands out as different from the competition, and indeed its "siblings" (in a good way).

I liked it, Mrs B loved it, and bought one so I'd say personally as good as the hype (if not better as this was back in December time when hype may have been lower.. haha).

Enjoy Saturday. Let us know how you got on.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
jd40

Post by jd40 »

Just back from the invited viewing at Hopetoun House, Edinburgh. The Volvo reps were very knowledgeable and had driven the car. Looks better in the flesh than any of the photographs. Looking forward to delivery now.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Was it busy? Plenty of interest?

What were your highlights and lowlights now having seen it?
jd40

Post by jd40 »

Not busy. Only 3 of us there, but it was the lunch time slot so we got one to one treatment from the reps. No hard sell just plenty of time spent explaining all the features of the car. Highlight for me was getting to sit in the car. Driving position felt good and the quality of the finish was better than I expected. The infotainment screen was quick (faster than the Jag) and very clear. Overall very impressed with everything and looking forward to taking delivery.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Sounds good. Not long to wait now (hopefully). Enjoy.

You made a good point about the driving position. I felt similar although it will need some finessing to get that "just right". On our viewing we had too many people to spend that much time fiddling and finding the right seat set up but even with a rough set up it was good.

One thing we did notice was the bonnet front drop off/cut off was quite unexpected (at least visually)). Of course you'll get used to this/understand the cars dimensions, but as a check I had Mrs B move a finger to the cut off point. There was probably a foot and half then to the actual front of the car so limited risk of disasters there. Visually from the drivers position makes the bonnet look quite beefy (and compact).
Mukesh

Post by Mukesh »

I thought that the first showing of the XC40 would be on the 22nd Feb nationwide .
I might be mistaken though. Can someone enlighten me ?
XC40. T5. FE. Bright silver / lava interior / 20 inch alloys. Delivered 13th April .
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

My understanding was that Volvo UK ran a few exclusive (invite only) events in December (at Daventry and Maidenhead), and now these ones (it seems) in Cheshire and Edinburgh. Volvo UK had two (may be more?) early production XC40's which I am guessing they used during the week for dealer training (and similar), but then available for "public" viewing at those specific weekends.

Otherwise yes you are right, the national launch at dealerships seems to be still scheduled for 22 Feb. {Edit: next week! That is coming round so quickly].
Mukesh

Post by Mukesh »

Thank you for clarification Boomer. I can’t wait for the 22nd . I have ordered the FE in metallic silver with lava interior and 20 inch alloys. Can’t wait
XC40. T5. FE. Bright silver / lava interior / 20 inch alloys. Delivered 13th April .